Have Artifical Intelligence Run A Site That Deprograms Jehovah's Witnesses

by Brokeback Watchtower 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

With all this talk about AI taking over jobs and finding cures by feeding it proper input data and a whole host of other tasks why not have scientist put up a site run by artificial intelligence to deprogram people from cults and offer them counseling as what to do after leaving the mind control cult.

I know this might be a very touchy place to put AI I think it would offer scientist working with AI to test its capabilities and do a public service at the same time.

Perhaps offer it honestly to the public who are having doubts about a specific organization that is unduly controlling their lives.

And great If that would pass a Turing test:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_test

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

AI has already be able to win human at so many games chess, video games, go, and the lists gets bigger every so often.

So give AI the challenge to open and run a site without making it public knowledge that AI is running it and just have as a well advertised site where the public can go for help when dealing with abusive cults. Make the site easily available to member's of these cult having doubts as a place to go for some good advice back by research. That way you are not tricking anybody into getting deprogramed and only helping those that are having doubts.

The AI would only improve with time and more data.

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

You obviously have no idea how AI works. Also, in North America people have the freedom to do whatever they want, believe whatever they want, worship whatever they want, etc. What you are proposing is rather chilling, un-American, and short-sighted. Who gets to decide who needs to be deprogrammed? It all sounds rather like what the Nazi's had in mind. If individuals don't want to follow a tenet then that is their right. It isn't anyone's right to tell other people what to do or think. You really need to do a self-examination my friend.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    It isn't anyone's right to tell other people what to do or think. You really need to do a self-examination my friend.

And visy versy my fellow poster

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Of course this type of AI would have access to billions of input data to prime the pumps so to speak and given some clear directives and boundaries.

I see this possible perhaps in less than ten years. I'm not speaking of general purpose AI but a more specific type available to the general public in less than 10 years so that some computer xjw wiz kid makes the move with technology available.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

When Alan Turing first proposed this test was way back in 1950 some 68 years ago and today we are nowhere near coming up with anything remotely close to what he was proposing back then .

So I think your saying something along these lines could be possible within ten years is extremely unlikely as to be near impossible.

Have you considered all the negatives about such a test ?

Personally I think if anything like this ever happened we would be just creating a real life BORG that would make Star Treks Borg look like a pussy.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Oh...have you heard about JW net?....that site is a really effective deprogramming AI thing for all the Borg stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit