Sarah Brooks video testimony in front of PA Senate hearing on statute of limitations of child sexual abuse

by WingCommander 3 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I heard that this hearing had commenced last week, and today I found the actual video of the entire hearing.
    For Context: Pennsylvania still has an outdated law wherein an abuse victim only has a certain amount of time to come forward and have their abuser charged with a crime. Several abuse victim advocacy groups have been lobbying and petitioning around the country in states where these statute of limitations remain in order to rewrite the laws to eliminate such time frames so that victims of abuse can come forward at any time in the future and press charges. I believe Barbara Anderson is one such advocate, tirelessly working behind the scenes on this issue.

Ex-JW CSA abuse survivor Sarah Brooks was one to testify in front of the PA Senate Judiciary Hearing.

Here is the video of those proceedings, and Sarah's testimony starts at 5:15:55. It is hard to sit thru this and not nearly burst into tears. I can't even imagine the bravery it must have taken to do this, so a heartfelt "Thank You" goes out to her and the others that testified that day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFpCCwJk4oo

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

WingCommander:

Excellent! Thank you very much!

Atlantis!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Long live the #MeToo era.

• zeb
    zeb

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit