High school basketball coach suspended for running up the score--162-2

by James Mixon 6 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

How in the hell can a girl basketball team score that many points??

In San Bernardino Arroyo Valley High, coach  M. Anderson was suspended 2 games for running up the score.

Anderson said his team had won four previous games by at least 70 points and the team they beat had already lost a game by 91 points.

This remind me of the college Calif Inst of Tech. A few years ago they won their first basketball game and was front page in the sport section.

Some of the brilliant minds in the world attend CalTec, basketball is not first on their list. LOL

• cofty
    cofty
    I hope he had an inquest on how they conceded 2 points!
  • Chaserious
    Chaserious
    They probably have a girl who is a foot taller than everyone else and can score at will and collect every rebound.  It's poor sportsmanship to run up the score like that.  Even at the college level this shouldn't happen, much less high school. 
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Anderson stated, I soon realized this game was over so I put the

bench players in. Maybe that's how the team got two points.

• cofty
    cofty

We don't have enough facts to judge the coach. What was the score when he made changes? 

If your team is so much better than the opposition what can you do?

Perhaps the league officials should take responsibility for arranging a nonsense fixture.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

cofty: I agree "If the team is so much better". Maybe the team needs to be

in a different conference or stopped the game at half time, no contest..

• cofty
    cofty

As a football (proper football) coach I have been on both sides of uneven contests.

You set your team out to win. You can put out your weakest available squad to give them experience. You can encourage them to treat it like a training game and focus on patient possession, but when you find yourself in the opponent's end what else is there to do but put it in the net?

The teams should not be in the same league.

Competition and winning has become a dirty word with some educators.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit