can sombody tell me.....

by nowisee 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• nowisee
    nowisee

if there are trolls here, so what?? sometimes there seems to be so much paranoia about it.

if there are trolls maybe they can be enlightened. if they are trying to find dirt about members then it seems to me people should exercise some discretion in what they reveal about themselves. wouldn't anyone do that in any normal circumstance?

if there are trolls, who CARES??

• Gopher
    Gopher

A troll deliberately posts provocative material, often untrue, in order to incite heated comments.

The first posting guideline for this board is to please avoid "insulting, threatening or provoking" language. The troll seeks to provoke just to get his or her jollies.

They contribute absolutely nothing of worth.

They are not here for "enlightenment" of any kind. Well-meaning posters (often including myself) will jump in and try to set the person straight, but they just either go away, repeat their provocation, or add to their provocation.

Such people are a complete waste of time here. Fortunately as things work out, they don't tend to last very long on this board. We have good moderation here and also good posters who will steer the board back on course.

• sf
    sf

Another ridiculous post...thread. Not necessarily the poster. Just the post.

Who kares indeed? So why throw out this type of ridiculous bait that eats up bandwidth?

sKally, why did i reply?

• nowisee
    nowisee

ok skally, im chastised for the second time today.

it just seems to me there is a lot of conversation about who is and who isn't and who was and who wasn't, and i was tired of reading about that kind of speculation myself.

if, as gopher says, they just come to stir up trouble and have no redeeming value whatsoever, then fine, let them self-destruct.

it seems to me though, that sometimes innocent parties may be accused and hurt. my point was to just let nature take its course without judging and speculating all the time.

thanks.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

There are many people on here that are newbies, or who post infrequently, and don't even know what the internet wordspeak is concerning the topic of: Trolls.

It's an innocuous question. Things get asked on this forum repeatedly about the same thing frequently.

Trolls are everywhere, and on every forum, not just this one.

Moles are another concern altogether, some members here get the terms interchanged and confused. Moles are lurkers of a different sort, and they will post, sometimes to retrieve information. Moles (Watchtower Moles) will sit around here, like RIGHT NOW....looking at my threads, your threads and everyone elses, for incriminating evidence that can be quickly reported back to either the WTBTS or the elders.

I don't think this thread is ridiculous. Good heavens, check out most of the fluff on the forum.

With that said, I can tell as former J-Dubs we have come a long ways, and I mean that in a positive manner.

• nowisee
    nowisee

thanks rayzor, for the clarification, and for understanding where i was coming from.

we finally bumped!! i have missed you.

and skally, thank you for not personalizing your criticism - made it much easier to take.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit