Does anyone else find this strange?

by Sadie5 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

There is a small threater(sp?) downtown that is now owned by an elder and his wife. the wife's dad is PO of the congregation.

Each week there is a country gospel group performing at the place. The elder and his wife run ads in the newspaper telling what gospel group will be there and inviting the public to come(for a price of course)and the elder and his wife's name are included in the ad.

Am I the only one that finds this strange for a JW couple to be involved in? When I see the wife in public she cannot even look at me or return my hello greeting to her. The husband talks but he has swindled a number of people out of money(including us) and is one slimy business guy.

Any thoughts?

Sadie

• neyank
    neyank

Only one thought comes to mind.

Can we say HYPOCRITE?

neyank

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

If you wanted to be revengeful, you could send a copy of this ad to Watchtower and others who might find this interesting.

Devon

• Waygooder64
    Waygooder64

Strange? not really,but I`m sure these 2 witnesses have convinced themselves that having gospel groups is in no way a conflict of interest . I knew a ministerial servant a few years back who was in the sign business ( he also did car pin-striping and graphics.He is now a circuit/district? overseer in the Toronto area) He was at a shop where I used to work and was doing a huge sign for a strip bar down town.This sign was fairly risque even for our lunch bucket town, it had the sillouette of 2 girls with great bodies in a really great pose! I asked him about it and he told me "it is just business and has nothing to do with how I feel about these places" I then asked him if he would be going into the bar to get paid. He said he might have to but only when the bar was not open. ( I guess Satan only goes there when the dancers are on stage, so he was probably safe) I then asked him how he would reply if the bar owner told other non-dubs about the great work this MS did and if the association with the bar owner bothered him. I was really grilling him about this because I too, thought it very strange . He did`nt like the questions because he flat out told me I was a big pain in the ass. To this day he reminds of Ned Flanders from the Simpsons, same moustache, same hair cut,same glasses, same stupid greetings......Howdy doodly neighbor. I still think if he got a lap dance at that bar he did the work at he would still be there with a fistful of 20$s.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

double standards as usual, but what do you expect from Jo-Ho's when money is involved. The question I always love to ask a Jo-Ho is ........... Why work, spend all your time in the field ministry, God looked after Job, don't you think he will look after you ?, Where's your faith ? . (okay that's two question's)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit