2021-Emergency Contact Information!

by Atlantis 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Emergency Contact Information.

This Form may compromise data that unbelieving members of a family don't want released.

Download:

Atlantis!
  • Bobcat
    Bobcat

What's interesting about this and similar forms is that there is no owner information on the form. No name of the party that is to receive this information. You fill it out and effectively give your information to any anonymous interested party. And if you indicate any reluctance to give out your information in this manner they get testy with you.

In the USA there should be a privacy statement with this form. And the originator of the form should have identified himself/herself/itself on the form.

If anyone is tempted to fill this out, demand that the requesting elder put his name and contact information on the form and tell him you must xerox it first. And demand in writing to know everyone this information will/could be given to. And tell him it is only out of legal consideration that you want this.

And then stand back and watch him walk away from you (in disgust, of course, over your "disobedient attitude").

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Thanks Atlantis for send this PDF. You are a hero. Take a cold german beer - or 2.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I can’t get into this, it sends me in a loop, but that’s ok, I’m long time out.

• ReadOnly
    ReadOnly

Atlantis,

Is there any information where this form comes from? Did it come from the regular jw.org elders only section?

Is there any information in which countries this form is used?

If it is used in my country (in Europe) it is a gross violation of privacy laws and I will file a formal complaint with the authorities.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Bobcat:

fastJehu:

Biahi:

ReadOnly:

(Bobcat) I also noticed that no name appears on the form so that the Tower has wiggle room. (fastJehu) That cold German Beer sounds mighty good right now! (Biahi) I can send you another download link if you want the Form. (ReadOnly) I was told that it was handed out by an elder to the head of households.

Atlantis!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Biahi:

Here is another link for that Form.

Atlantis!
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Perhaps the clue to its intended use lies in the question of another contact person, preferably out of State. Given the terrible weather events that the USA has experienced, it may be so they can find you if you flee a distance from a disaster ?

It ought to be headed with the WT or Congregation name and contain a policy that no data will be shared etc.

I would have thought you would contact them if you wanted to remain in touch......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit