The glue of disfellowshiping

by Sour Grapes 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The fear or threat of being disfellowshipped is what is keeping thousands of JDubs stuck in the Borg. The Borg knows that and constantly reminds the Witlesses of this loving provision from their desert god.

This forces thousands of people to live miserable lives. Millions of Jdubs live for the promised panda and lion petting zoo while pissing away the only life they will ever have.

• blownaway
    blownaway

So true, If they dropped the DFing and shunning they would lose half their people tomorrow.

• Tallon
    Tallon
    So true, If they dropped the DFing and shunning they would lose half their people tomorrow.

Yep, could not agree more

• nugget
    nugget

When you accept that there are other things more important than the congregation you can walk away. I am so glad that I can live my life without fear, express my thoughts and see the world and people around me without feeling the need to judge them. I was lucky to leave with my husband and children. I was lucky to have some family outside the organisation so that shunning although painful was not devastating. It is cruel,deliberately so and yes it does mean that people with a lot to lose feel trapped. If several generations of your family are all witnesses then the pressur to conform is huge.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I wonder if they've considered that by dropping the DFing policy, 50% would leave and they could sell off 1/2 the Kingdumb Halls?

Plus most PIMO's aren't contributing a dime. They are nothing but a financial drain on the Borg.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

WOW!

DoC. Shhh...don't tell the GB that! They are on a money grabbing adventure now. They may very well put your idea into practice...

Haha

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

Dropping the D'f policy would cause a chain reaction . I'm almost sure of it. Think about it people that actually still believe would see maybe a third of all in the wealthier countries leave overnight. Plus with no risk talking to them asking what happened . A person could feel free to research the Organization then it would be game over. They have NO choice they are literally trapped in the downward spiral right now .

The bad news I think is they are going to do everything in theyre power to stretch it out as long as possible. But the Organization will never recover.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

How amazing would it be, if on one day, all of the people that knew it wasn't the truth, walked out of the kingdom hall?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdQCPlAZjbY

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes, the GB knows this. A similar situation with the blood policy. WT knows if they drop the blood policy completely, they will get the crap sued out of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit