Racism, an ugly breed!

by be wise 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• be wise
    be wise

I’ve just been out with some of my friends who happen to be Asian or more specifically Indian. It’s the first time I’ve ever been out with a whole group of Asians and myself, this may sound to some a bit of a racist comment to some but it’s nothing compared to what I’ve experienced tonight. I couldn’t believed the amount of Raciest abuse that some of my friends came across and the way that they justified their reasoning with it to make them feel better.

To be honest it just disgusted me beyond belief what they have to deal with day in day out. The fact is some people are really nice and some people are just the total opposite!

I learned a lot tonight, I have never been treat so well by anyone I know. I asked what his beliefs were and he said to just be yourself and see the importance you can have towards other people and how you make others feel around you. This was the best advice I’ve had in a long time and is the kind of attitude that was expressed towards me that I will never forget, he was so genuine and kind with no motive other than than he liked me and respected me in a way that I have never been shown!

be wise. ( reality is an eye opener!)

• Princess
    Princess

I was at Costco one day, trying to maneuver my cart through a crowded area that was made worse by two women (Asian) who were chatting. Some older snotty woman spoke up real loud and said "ladies, you are creating a traffic jam here". The first thought I had was that she would never have said that in such a snotty, condescending manner had it been two caucasian women blocking traffic. I felt bad for the women because I realized they must have to put up with that all the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit