How Algae Could Change The Fossil Fuel Industry

by Brokeback Watchtower 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Its sounds too good to be true but hey technology is increasing and we have Moore's Law working in our favor and Quantum computers in production already which I think will lead to even more sophisticated solutions to our problems that need solutions.

I think they will make it cheaper and cheaper to live and for everybody to benefit from it, making wars a thing of the past once countries have enough resources. Is it too good to be true?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCNkmi7VE0I

• nelim
    nelim

The algae have been researched for a long time already. The problem is that the most productive species are also the easiest to get a disease. It's a trade-off in a sense. Use energy for oil production or use it for defense and fight your enemies. So either the efficiency is not there, or it doesn't scale up well. In the end, it's just too costly.

Also I'm not sure about a sandwich built from weed ;)

But who knows, maybe there will be a breakthrough enabling commercial production. Using bio-ethanol is very compatible to current gasoline so it's very attractive from that point of view.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

If you look on youtube you can see that they have 50 double decker buses in london that are totally battery charged and use no fuel at all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit