Is anybody going to Lifest this weekend?

by wannabefree 3 Replies latest social entertainment

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Lifest is a Christian music festival in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, USA

I'm taking my 8 year old daughter and 7 year old grandson (JW) to see the band Skillet.

They are a Christian crossover rock/metal band. I like this band and the music is safe, the kids love watching their videos. They also perform at rock fests (tonight at Rock Fest in Cadott, WI, which is where I personally would rather go), but I thought the Lifest venue would be a safer environment for young ones.

I am a little surprised that my daughter is letting me take my grandson to a non-JW Christian event.

We're just going for the concert, no religious nonsense, although I imagine Skillet will make some faith references considering the venue.

I'm contemplating whether or not to wear my Thinking Atheist t-shirt ..... hmmmm

So if anyone else is going and would like to meet up ....

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

As a Christian I would love to go. Would be interesting company for sure 😉 Sort of a good cop/bad cop routine.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    Are you anywhere in the vicinity blue dog? Is it alright if I call you blue dog? Or NBD? I'm good company. There is hope for you. Christianity can be cured. 😁😉
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Sorry I'm not in the vicinity but I would if I could.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit