how do most of you now feel about the military?

by sowhatnow 70 Replies latest social family

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

was not sure where to post this, but I was curious, how do some of you now feel about the military? would any of you let your children enlist, or would you yourselves join any military field? would you have?

how do you feel about the idea of women in the military?

also,

do you think its practical for women to be in the same troop/ camp/ as men?

for me personally, I guess Id still not like my sons [never my daughters] to go into military, considering the way the US seems to neglect is soldiers when they come home. I think most people that go into it, are forever changed, mostly to the negative. the whole idea that we must 'toughen' up , makes me wonder just how far we haven't come in time, lol.

so many unfortunate cultures and mindsets, that are still fighting and blowing shit up.

women , particularly women with children, in my opinion, have no business,for one thing, being with men, considering the facts about women in the military being raped and abused. they also should not be in active ground duty, to get seriously handicapped, shot or killed. And, if they have children, how dare they emotionally damage those poor kids, and make them insecure and fearful, all because of a desire to prove women can do what they want. what are they trying to prove? i could never do that to my kids.

so, how do you feel?
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

My husband is a retired Army warrant officer, my step son is a former marine, (currently in the army reserves) and my grandson is in the Air Force, I am proud of them all. My husband served in desert storm, my step son served in Iraq and Afghanistan. My airman grandson bravely serves in the cold of Minot, South Dakota, lol.

As a JW I used to be dismissive of the military, but now I appreciate the sacrifice these men and women make to serve their country. There is a certain amount of hypocrisy in those like the JWs that look down on military service, because they wouldn't even have the priviledge of voicing that criticism if we were taken over by countries like North Korea.

Those in the military might not even agree with the decisions made to send them to war, but they took a vow to serve and they do so, sometimes at great sacrifice to their personal lives, because if a country like the U.S. didn't have a strong military they would soon fall to those countries that want what we have. They do the job others aren't willing to do and deserve our respect.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

They have kept us safe and free for a long time. They do the dirty work, and often get no thanks in the end. Vets have gotten the shaft by the US Government since Korea.

Ironically enough, if it was not for the US military, there would be no Watchtower.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

War is a terrible thing, but what viable option do freedom-loving men have against an oppressive government?

Years ago, when I was much younger and subject to the draft that could well have put me in Vietnam, I felt differently, having been thoroughly indoctrinated by the free home Bible Studies of the WTB&TS. I was a conscientious objector and earned a 4-D ministerial deferment.

My father and my uncles served in WWII. My dad was in Patton's Army, one Uncle was wounded on Iwo Jima and another was in the Caribbean. Another went around the world with the Navy and was among the first frogmen prepared for the invasion of Japan. Fat Boy saved his life.

Today I deeply regret not having served.

I think this sums up my feelings well:

IT IS THE SOLDIER

It is the Soldier, not the minister

Who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the Soldier, not the reporter

Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the Soldier, not the poet

Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer

Who has given us freedom to protest.

It is the Soldier, not the lawyer

Who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the Soldier, not the politician

Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,

Who serves beneath the flag,

And whose coffin is draped by the flag,

Who allows the protester to burn the flag.

©Copyright 1970, 2005 by Charles M. Province

As for women in the military, I can see how in the Air Force they may be able to fly with the best of the guys, but on the ground I think the woman who can really carry her own weight is rare.

Maybe we should see what a female-only division can do.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

My impression from talking to men who were JW's in the Viet Nam era, wished

they had served. It was like sitting by the camp fire and relating my experience in

Nam , they would ask how was it did you shoot anyone, were you shot at and etc.

One brother flat out lied, it wasn't until I told him I served and ask where was he station.

He finally admitted he never served, it was a joke.

• smiddy
    smiddy

As much as I hate war , and don`t we all ? , it is a necessary evil in the world we live in.The Utopian, pie in the sky dream , of a world without war , ceased to exist when Cain killed Abel .. That was the start of war.

From then on war has been a fact of life , with , I might add ,Jehovah`s blessing for centuries.

I find it curious how the God of war ,Jehovah/Yahweh excelled in warfare in the Hebrew Scriptures / Old Testament and had a miraculous conversion in the new Testament to denounce war among the nations and promote himself as a GOD of Love , the prince of peace ?

I concur with Nathan Natas , that if we didn`t participate in those warring against us , we would not have the freedoms we enjoy today .

Who of you want`s to live under the Imperial Japanese of the 1940`s , .or live under the Nazi regime of the 1940`s , Or who wants to live under the Caliphate of ISIL today , it`s only because of war , that we don`t have to. Read some books on these regimes of how they operated back then.

I am appalled at the Governments response to the needs and concerns of those who serve their country and do not get the basic recognition and help they deserve for putting their life on the line for serving their country .and maintaining our freedom.

smiddy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

how do most of you now feel about the military?

...Image result for Support our canadian armyImage result for canadian army saluting flagImage result for Support our canadian army

• RetiredLE
    RetiredLE

Interesting topic, I suppose now would be the time to acknowledge that there are many brothers who have served or would have and will yet make top notch operators.

Explanation; Many men and some very special women have a God given,natural desire to not be 'sheep' but 'sheep dogs'. If you are one of those called in your gut and heart to be as one of David's Mighty Men, don't feel like a pariah, your time is coming.

It is painfully obvious that the GB, lawyers and other zealots are determined to 'self fulfill' their prophesies of persecution, victims of oppression and ultimately placing themselves in a unique position in opposition to various groups, to create their own "Armageddon" .

The question becomes, what do YOU do when the SHTF and the GB tells your family/friends to 'listen obey and be blessed' to follow this directive.. When “the Assyrian” attacks…the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.” i.e.sacrificing your family and friends.

If you are Awake and a 'Sheep Dog' (1 John 3:16) and see the above for the 'guano loco' it is. Now's the time to 'gear up' and 'train up' (as a surprising number are clandestinely already involved), seek out those who you suspect might be covertly organizing a few Instructors for SUT, in your area. The 'organization' has unwittingly laid a fine foundation for disciplined, tight knit, intelligent, small unit groups that only require some basic leadership and training, to make a formidable self defense force.

My opinion, this will be needed when the 'sheeple' (your brainwashed loved ones) in panic realize they've been hung out as bait. The GB and Assoc. are the delusional 'limp noodles' that J.W. Broadcasting has glaringly revealed, they WILL leave the 'sheeple' at the mercy of Anarchists, Uber Nationalists, Radical Islamists, etc. Think, Auschwitz, "Israel 1948" and/or ISIS raping, beheading, crucifying, Syrian Christians, today.

Ultimately, in the last battle, some day, we will 'stand still'. However, the war will require us to shout "Jehovah's Sword and Gideon's".. to be co-workers, to protect the week and downtrodden to release the captives and set free the oppressed.

BTW - If your are a MAM, get off your ass, if you can't do basic pt and run 2 miles you are going to be useless and special "A-2" fertilizer.

To the others who are awake/awakening and not 'sheep dogs', we will need your prayer, shelter and support for what really lies ahead.

This is simply another leaf in history, make a real difference and help turn the page..............

• RetiredLE
    RetiredLE

Interesting topic, I suppose now would be the time to acknowledge that there are many brothers who have served or would have and will yet make top notch operators.

Explanation; Many men and some very special women have a God given,natural desire to not be 'sheep' but 'sheep dogs'. If you are one of those called in your gut and heart to be as one of David's Mighty Men, don't feel like a pariah, your time is coming.

It is painfully obvious that the GB, lawyers and other zealots are determined to 'self fulfill' their prophesies of persecution as victims of oppression. Ultimately placing themselves in a unique position in opposition to various groups, to create their own "Armageddon" .

The question becomes, what do YOU do when the SHTF and the GB tells your family/friends to 'listen obey and be blessed' to follow this directive.. When “the Assyrian” attacks…the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.” i.e.sacrificing your family and friends.

If you are Awake and a 'Sheep Dog' (1 John 3:16) and see the above for the 'guano loco' it is. Now's the time to 'gear up' and 'train up' (as a surprising number are clandestinely already involved), seek out those who you suspect might be covertly organizing a few Instructors for SUT, in your area. The 'organization' has unwittingly laid a fine foundation for disciplined, tight knit, intelligent, small unit groups that only require some basic leadership and training, to make a formidable self defense force.

My opinion, this will be needed when the 'sheeple' (your brainwashed loved ones) ,in panic, realize they've been hung out as bait. The GB and Assoc. are the delusional 'limp noodles' that J.W. Broadcasting has glaringly revealed, they WILL leave the 'sheeple' at the mercy of Anarchists, Uber Nationalists, Radical Islamists, etc. Think, Auschwitz, "Israel 1948" and/or ISIS raping, beheading, crucifying, Syrian Christians, today.

Ultimately, in the last battle, some day, we will 'stand still'. However, the war will require us to shout "Jehovah's Sword and Gideon's".. to be co-workers, to protect the weak and downtrodden to release the captives and set free the oppressed.

BTW - If your are a MAM, get off your ass, if you can't do basic pt and run 2 miles you are going to be useless and special "A-2" fertilizer.

To the others who are awake/awakening and not 'sheep dogs', we will need your prayer, shelter and support for what really lies ahead.

This is simply another leaf in history, make a real difference and help turn the page..............

• Bruisedandbleeding12
    Bruisedandbleeding12
    My wife is 'not' in the military (she still goes to the meetings), but is an assisted staff Sargent with the police force at the international airport here. Yes I'm very proud of her, since she started this job in her mid thirties nine years ago & can take out a young man half her age in training (that's one gal I don't fight with & yes that's my wife)!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit