How was your day/ week thread?

by The Rebel 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

Well, I've had a vanilla week. Spent a whole day reading a thread on a forum about a person who faced a life changing dilemna. She'd been invited to the wedding of a lifelong friend. One of the group was a twice convicted peaodophile who's wife stood by him, and indeed had 2 children to him. It must have been bad because the authorities wouldn't let them live as a family. She was being harangued by the rest of the group for being too judgemental. She decided to cut of every one of the other 8 couples. It was strange reading the ongoing live thread, because it awoken something in me.

Right I'll get to the point of my post. I'm going to send in my DA letter after a 13mnth fade. This is what I've rumminated this past week. That and the fact that I want to vote for the UK to remain in the EU. And I refuse ti skulk around.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Je.suis.oisif, thank you:-

You make starting this thread worthwhile. I am so glad you are sending in your letter of D.A, after a 13 months fade, I am sure you have made a balanced decision. I wish you all the best for the future. This is what this forum should and is all about, helping and supporting people, and giving them time to break free.

All the best for the future.

The Rebel.

p.s And as for your politics and voting that U.K remain in the E.U, it's like if God exists or not, I am not getting in the debate, it's not why I am here. The important thing for me is I have enjoyed following your watchtower journey and sharing mine with yours, and we have shared a lot of theads and I am glad we are both free.

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

You rock Rebel. Lets form a mutual appreciation society. Tee hee

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Well my kid went to school today, and he asked me to charge his ISamsing Galazy, no problem. Yet I just heard the click, the battery needs charging, I looked in the drawer, leads for I pads, iPhones, shavers and all sorts, but I can't find the lead that charges his " Samsung Galazy" ....I love that boy, and isn't it crazy if I don't find that charger, when he comes home from school, even if I give him his favorite classic white Mini magnum choclate bar he will be angry.

Is this anger justified? It's life, modern life, and I think it justified. He loves putting on his Samsung Galazy, and watching his favorite you tuber, " Dan" before we talk about his day.

What have I learnt from this? Well the trick is, each individual should be allowed to do what they want, and as a parent I think " You Tuber" " Dan" is great for my boy, and he enjoys it. We don't own our children.

Anyway now I don't make my child go to J.W meetings because it's expected from the congregation he do so. I respect he deserves alone time, to be Orlando. Most importantly if I promise my boy I will charge his Galazy tablet, I should do it. A promise is a promise.

My point of the post is, my boy may come home from school and say it doesn't matter I didn't charge his Galazy tablet? But it does matter. Why? Because now we have more diplomacy in our home, family decisions, not watchtower decisions, are made, and therefore I am learning, functional families argue about the silliest of things, and those silly petty arguments like you don't kick a football in the hallway, are more fun than you can't go to football tonight it's family bible study.

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit