How was your day/ week thread?

by The Rebel 33 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild
    There may be a way to change that dynamic slightly.- Giordano

Thank for your concern but you upset me even more as you don't remember the details I have posted in the past. You don't know us or our family.

Something experienced by both of you in the same place at the same time. Be it a movie, a favorite restaurant, shopping together, a sport. Meeting mutual friends if possible, visiting a museum, a concert, buying a book or DVD. Visiting second hand shops and 'lucking out' when you and your son find just the right fishing pole or musical instrument, or garment. - Giordano
    To repeat something I have said before the visits are supervised for two hours. We are stuck in a room not suitable for a 14 year old but for a 5 year old.

I appreciate you trying to do something good, but I want to be honest with you. This place is a place of strangers to me and when people give me advice about my family without remembering the details it hurts more and reminds me that the posters don't really know me and my family at all.

Yes you have been well meaning and thank you for that, but it hurts to realise you have no clue about my situation although I publicly post about it regularly.

Thanks

Kate xx

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Oh Kate, I am sure Giordano meant well, and I am sure at one point in your past posts you touched and awakened his sensibility to your suffering...I would therefore say whilst Giordana may have no clue about your current situation, this thread is about looking to the mountains and then the sky, and then orbiting around the discussion board and seeing each poster, as well meaning....and with the boundless circle of posters that have come and gone because they couldn't get along here in hyperspace I say...it's pretty naughty to bring personal controversies to a discussion board when the target audience is those like us who are or were going through what we once went through escaping the " truth"

So my question, now we have left the Jehovers Witness organisation, do we know where babies come from?

The Rebel.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Fair enough Rebel,

I did mention a few times that I knew his intentions were sincere. I just wanted to give him a clearer picture and be honest about my feelings.

Yes I know I can be a drama queen.

Good point

Kate xx

• Giordano
    Giordano

Kate I made a PM apology but also want to apologize to the Rebel. I was just so moved by your original post and how you felt when you left your son that I went off topic.

Because I didn't realize (I would have remembered) the harshness of a supervised 2 hour visit........ I have added to your sadness and well deserved anger at the terrible situation you have to endure.

I sincerely hope that situation will change for the better and you can spend normal time with your son.

Gio

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks for understanding and your apology Gio, it's just unfortunate that everybody doesn't read all the posts, so we never really know everything about the poster.

My son and daughter and I have made plans for the future. They are ever changing but always include us as a family. It make us happy to look forward instead of being bitter about the present.

Kate xx

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Well my house got flooded because of the water authority working in my street. I went to the post office to send off my passport for renewal and it was closed for two weeks for a refurb. Apart from that it was a great week.
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

If the past weekend is included in this thread: my wife and I took part in a charity/community event. That is something we never did before!

It was wonderful. To me it proves doing something to help others and enjoying their company is what makes the efforts worth while. No Jah blessing of holy spirit and brotherly love and unity needed. It was just as nice and fun as any JW building activity, but without the JW.

Hopefully my wife will notice that too :-D

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Xanthippe: I love your sarcasm and/or optimism. Whichever applies. Or both. :-D
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Well I tend to be sarcastic and optimistic AA. Works for me 😄

I'm glad you enjoyed your charity event. I'm a great fan of charities, they do great work.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Last week was absolutely brilliant, the wife and I are getting on great, absolutely brilliantly, and each day with my kid is fantastic. Spring is blossoming in all its glory and I am really looking forward to this week, soon to take a beer in the square, then tonight football with my boy and a family barbecue.

It's just so great living in the day and not planning life around meetings, door knocking and a future paradise earth, that was an illusion anyway.

The Rebel.

P.s sincerly hope you all have a great week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit