Undisfellowshipping - ever heard of it happening?

by no-zombie 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

While we are aware of the flip-flopping of doctrinal matters, revisions to how certain sins are handled judicially have also occurred. Additionally, there has been rulings created by the Governing Body, that has put people into situations where 'sinning' (and their disfellowshiping) was inevitable. For example in times past, it was issues over if one mate committed acts bestiality or when the parents of hemophiliac children allowed the use of blood fractions on them. More recently, changes have surfaced over the terminology and understanding of 'adulterous marriages'.

In either case, disfellowshippings have occurred, that now would have been handled very differently for the person or persons involved. And clearly, these are miscarriages of justice.

Thus the question I have is this ... Has any Elder here ever heard of Publishers getting their disfellowshipping overturned, without going through the whole re-appointment process, based on the grounds of the new view of their past 'sin'?

As an ex-Elder myself, I've never directly seen it happen, but I can vaguely remember hearing one 'funny' thing happening a long while ago, with Branch input.

Undisfellowshipping - ever heard of it happening?

• titch
    titch

No-Zombie: Yes, I do remember that happening, a long time ago, in the 1970s. I am not an Elder nor ever was one. But I do remember one individual, who I'll only identify as Paul. He had been dis-fellowshipped for a few years. And, an announcement was made from the stage that his dis-fellowshippment from years ago had been rescinded, or undone, reversed. So, it did happen, in my collective memory. Best Regards.-----Titch.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Yes I remember it happened years ago. Three elders claimed one brother said something that he didn’t. This brother was adamant he never said that (it was basically admitting to a bad sin) but it went ahead and was announced he was disfellowshipped

he was absolutely adamant these brothers were lying and he never did that or admitted to it, he got the CO involved but he was useless and would not even meet with him. He wrote to the branch several times but they always side with the elders.

and then out of the three elders one admitted later on that actually he never said it.

then another one of the three admitted he never actually said that but the last elder of the three said he heard him say that.

long story short it was announced he was no longer disfellowshipped and fast forward several years all those three elders are no longer elders and that brother is still in that congregation

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

What I hear is it stands. If the sin gets reclassified there is still the " obey " mantra.

Remember, disfellowshipping is to serve the borg. Not the flock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit