Brooklyn Should Get A Thank You From the WTS

by konceptual99 7 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
  • tiki
    tiki
    Most not for profit tax exempt organizations with a realistic set of values donate to the local government an amount to offset the lack of tax funds. In this situation selfish greed rules...coupled with a complete disregard for realistic values. Somebody somewhere is raking in the shekels big time...I wish they'd get caught up with. Legal settlements aren't chewing up that much of the pie.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Say "thank you" to elements of "Satan's World"?

As if.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350
    What? Brooklyn should give the WTBS a thank you for making that part of the city beautiful and clean. And many tourists and visitors came to visit there. Governments should earn their money and not tax buildings that they didn't build.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Some of the comments people have posted below the article, are quite interesting (scathing).
  • done4good
    done4good

HA! Never happen...

Working in NYC I can tell you even I did not expect as much negative press as the WTS has managed to get since they decided to move out of the city. The local Brooklyn media has no love loss.The attitude is very much, "Don't let the door hit you in the ass!".

d4g

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Pete Zahut - "Some of the comments people have posted below the article, are quite interesting..."

This one stuck out at me:

grhsp - "...They claim charities are pointless because the end of the world is imminent..."

Both true and hilariously ironic, considering the WTS's status as a tax-exempt charity. :smirk:

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    done4good: The heights has felt that way for a very long time. When they announced that the printing operations were all relocating to Wallkill, the sentiment was the same. "Good riddance. Finally we can get some tax dollars for this primo real estate."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit