A question regarding district convention finances

by JeffT 3 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JeffT
    JeffT

I don't recall ever hearing a financial report at one of the big summer conventions. Do I have blocked memories, or are they even more secretive about money at that level than they are at the circuit events?

I'm doing a little research on the instructions for handling circuit assembly accounts and that got me curious about the bigger conventions. For example do they have an expected "donation" number per attendee? What does the district do with surplus funds.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

• elderINewton
    elderINewton

It's the exact same announcement and form used for assembly's.

The major difference between a convention and an assembly is that few flinch with the convention costs. Usually only a couple of selected brothers know the true cost. Because they find convention facility's cheapest point of the year many times I've seen the travel b budget greater than the rental cost. People would be surprised.I did notice that last year the total costs were up but no idea why, it's possible the per publisher charge was added then.

I've heard some brothers say that conventions are the real funding for the org besides #1 charitable planning.

• Listener
    Listener
    There's a reasonably informative YouTube from ex JW critical thinker and he covers the convention accounts, he says they are even more secretive.
  • joe134cd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit