Jehovahs Witness found dead in Bali hotel

by Solaris11 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Solaris11
    Solaris11

Warren Borsje an active 2nd generation Jehovah's Witness who made millions as a get-rich get salesman was found dead earlier this year in a hotel in Seminyak, Bali (reference)

Reports given to the police confirmed Borsje appeared intoxicated prior to his death and needed assistance by fellow hotel guests to get to his room. When he didn't show up the following day to check out, hotel staff found him lying face down with blood around his mouth. An empty bottle of vodka was found next to his body.

It has been since reported by Borsje's colleagues that he was battling alcohol addiction for years (reference)

The following photo of Borsje's passport was taken by Balinese police for ID verification...

Warren's body was shipped back to Australia and (not surprisingly) his funeral service was not held at a Jehovah's Witness kingdom hall but at a function center (Elwood sailing club), in Australia - (reference)

Fellow JWs posted the following comments on Borsje's Facebook page expressing their hope in seeing him resurrected back to life on earth

- "we know that your hope in the resurrection will help you find some comfort. Rev21:3,4 very very sad."

- "Oh well - see him in paradise maybe?

- "In the new world to come, you will laugh and marvel at all the fuss and fizz of the old world."

See Warren Borsje presenting one of his get-rich-quick presentations...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXFOqes2hGg
  • JustVisting
    JustVisting
    Poor chap, my condolences to his family and sailing friends.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    You can't take it with you...
  • McLovin
    McLovin

I knew Warren's sister Kim Borsje, John Borsje (father), Chichi Borsje (mother). They always were, and I am sure still are, lovely people. Kim was never really a JW believer. John Borsje (father) runs a business in Moorabbin >> www.pianogallery.com.au

In my opinion Kim was more awake than Warren and the rest of her family. John is a piano tuner and still a believer of The Watchtower and a loyal partner to his wife Chichi who had serious emotional issues caused by her father's slow decline into death due to cancer. John is a lovely person, as is Chichi.

Warren always had emotional issues, but in saying he that was a lot of fun to be around and known to be very generous and spontaneous. He was electric. I personally believe Warren saw through a lot of the Watchtower BS, and probably had many 'apostate' conversations with his sister. I believe his discord with The Watchtower contributed to his emotional decline.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Terribly sad. Hope his family are bearing up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit