Hello JW Lurkers. Did you watch Leah Remini's show? Or her interview? It's here...

by AllTimeJeff 9 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Substitute "Jehovah's Witnesses" for every time Leah says "Scientology". It's a cult folks. Please watch the interview below.

"You should always talk to someone who was in, because, If you don't get the nomenclature 100% correct, we have a way of kind of discrediting you if you're not using it correctly."

nomenclature definition: "the devising or choosing of names for things" Sound familiar? Active/Inactive? Sheep/Goats? Just for two....

Talk to someone who was in. Like me. Born in. 4th generation JW. Elder at 26. Gilead missionary at 30. (class 116, Jan 1 2006 WT. I have big hair. For a JW, but I digress)

Sort of fired up today. While JW's are on the other side of the bell curve, they still hurt people. I urge you to watch both this interview and Leah Remini's show on Scientology. While the words that JW's and Hubbardites use are different, they are used to promote the same concepts of control. And I would like to see anyone who wants to, have the opportunity to make their life what they want, and at least have that shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxvPtWAymGU

• charity7
    charity7

I just bought the series on Amazon a few days ago at the suggestion by someone on this site. Am not a jw but hoping to get my husband who is a JW to watch it with me.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Wish you the best on that. It can open eyes...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They both have a internal aspect of intentional brainwashing by both cults.

They both have cold cutting self supportive marketing strategies structured within these organization.

Also take note that both have a core literature publishing operation that's used to mentally indoctrinate people.

ie. the question and answers prearranged into the Watchtower study.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

A very important point to understand is that Jehovah's Witnesses ARE NOT unique. People are very adept at observing what works.

One thing I appreciated about this interview is how both cults control people because they control the words. That is the danger of "apostates" for both Hubbardites and JW's. We know the secret code word to get into the tree house.

Another interesting aspect is that the higher you go, the more you see and learn. JW's have that in the form of elders, CO's and the specialized training and materials they receive.

• flipper
    flipper

Me and my wife watched all of Leah's shows- the entire series. And we saw the Bill Maher interview. And you are correct. If a person just substitutes " Jehovah's Witnesses " where " Scientology " is mentioned it's the same horrific damage that's done to cult members. After being out of the JW's for almost 14 years- I not only got angered by the abuse done within Scientology- but I cried tears of sadness for the interviewed ex-Scientologists who lost family and friends due to shunning. The pain was VERY real on their faces and within them as their sorrow was evident in the tears that flowed. I cried right along with them as I watched - not only crying for what THEY have experienced in being shunned - but in what I've experienced personally, and continue to experience being virtually totally shunned by my adult daughters and not being allowed to see my year and a half old grandson. It hurts like hell- everyday. But I can only hope that my daughters eyes will open up someday. They are both entering their 30's now- and that's when I first started having my first stirrings of doubts. One can only hope. Everyone owes it to themselves to watch Leah Remini's series - very important- very educating

• AnonVet
    AnonVet

I watched several episodes with my spouse recently. My spouse is still "in" with the JW agenda. However, a few days ago I was talking about cults (didn't mention JW at all since this is a delicate area) and my spouse said something like "if you want to break it down, all religions have a cultish area to them". Heck, that sounds like a bit of progress for that to be said. Hopefully my spouse is allowing a partial disconnect. Time will tell.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Ironically my first experience with the Scientology cult was when I was walking down the street and some young guy approached me who was a Scientologist member who had a copy of Dianetics by Ron L Hubbard in his hand.

What made it feel more weird is that recently I was standing on the street myself out in service with Watchtower and Awake magazines in my hand.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What can be observed in both these cults is that they both have strategically structured alluring and subsequently deceiving tactics to gravitate attention to the organizations, which have been devised to establish supportive power and control toward the top leaders, this includes money.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Brilliant interview. Very similar to the witnesses in regards to brain washing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit