Imitate their Faith...Joseph didn't understand why Jesus said he was in his Fathers' house (did anyone catch this)

by tor1500 5 Replies latest jw friends

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

The Imitate their Faith last night brought out that, never mind, I'll show you:

Question: and how might Joseph have felt about his son’s words? (in part)

He answered his parents in simple sincerity: “Why did you have to go looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in the house of my Father?”—Luke 2:49.But he said to them: “Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in the house of my Father?”

26 Joseph surely thought about those words many times. Perhaps he came to beam with pride over them. After all, he had worked diligently to teach his adopted son to feel that way about Jehovah God. By that time in his life as a boy, Jesus already had warm feelings about the word “father”—feelings shaped largely by his years with Joseph.

Now look at Luke 2:50: However, they did not understand what he was saying to them.

Joseph didn't understand when Jesus said he was in his father's house...Joseph was most likely saying...Ah,, Son, I'm your father, & this isn't my house. Duh? Now we see the society .....running beyond the scriptures or just making stuff up. Also, what came to my mind, at the meeting was when Luke Skywalkers father said....I'm am your Father...I was cracking up to myself inside.

Back to my topic....So am I the only one that saw this ? Just one more scripture away, would have destroyed the societies take on how they felt Joseph felt about what Jesus said. Joseph was an imperfect human, who had human thoughts...& no doubt he thought...again, I say, Son, this isn't my home. So the scriptures don't say that but they do say, Joseph (& Mary) didn't understand. AKA: Just didn't know what to say.

Anyone catch this ?

Tor

• sir82
    sir82

Now we see the society .....running beyond the scriptures or just making stuff up.

The ENTIRE "Imitate Their Faith" book is based on speculation, assumptions, guesses, and inferences.

It would be only 1/2 as long if they removed every sentence using the words ""likely", probably", "must have", "surely", "logically", "perhaps", "undoubtedly", and so on.

• freddo
    freddo

And if the WT said "well they must have known later" that doesn't add up as applying to Joseph because they also presume Joseph was dead by the time Jesus was baptised or more so by the time Jesus was crucified.

@ sir82

You forgot "evidently".

• prologos
    prologos

Watchtower wants Jws to fantasize about these old fictional characters and often the teachers in the congregation ( of all genders), will in their comments further elaborate on the unjustified speculation of wt on these accounts. -- to the end to keep the accountants happy.

• blondie
  • tor1500
    tor1500

Hi Blondie,

Thanks for the link...so true. As many on here say, the org. does a lot of speculation. & you know what I pointed it out to a couple of folks...all you could hear was crickets. I also said, we better know our bible, because folks are not stupid anymore and they can read. It just amazes me that just one scripture away could dispel the entire paragraph. But then, I've been there long enough to not be amazed.

I wonder if any witness worldwide saw this but so glad to be a part of something they just keep quiet & keep the peace....guess so, because I'm not saying nothing to any brother about this, so a red flag would show up....Nope not me...

I'm glad to know ttatt...it's so freeing...if you let be. Love this forum, really I do. Love all of your comments.

It provides such a relief & release for those of us still in...thinking daily, how the heck do I get out of here....but in the meantime, this is one of the best places to be....besides the Beach.

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit