Exercise Patience Regional Convention

by Rattigan350 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The theme of the in person convention this year is "Exercise Patience"

Looking at the Convention map, they are really using their assembly halls and they are using smaller civic centers or city arena. No more huge stadiums.

Are they not expecting a great crowd? Keeping their expenses low?

• careful
    careful

I can't help but think that this year's convention theme is telling. Could it be that the not-so-bright GB is sending a message?

Like "OK, things aren't really going well. Newbies are rare. The youth are leaving in unprecedented numbers. Those men reaching out are aging, dwindling, and replacements are few. We're shrinking. We've tried to spin the numbers thru pushing child baptism and reclassifying RVs as 'doorstep Bible studies,' but even that's not really hiding the facts."

"Exercise patience with us!"

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Since it was told that a good number of members are now feeling anxious plus restless about The Great Trib and especially The Big A, is WT trying to do some DAMAGE CONTROL, in order to influence the present members (along with getting new converts) to remain within this cultporation? Hmmmmm. . . . . . . .

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I remember sisters used to complain about the length of the queues for the toilets. They could hang one of these “Exercise Patience” signs. 💡

• Listener
    Listener
    Slimboyfat - I remember sisters used to complain about the length of the queues for the toilets. They could hang one of these “Exercise Patience” signs. 💡

WHO still has some recommendations in place and one of them includes keeping a distance of 1metre from others. It's even more important to do so when you are going to be near someone for a while. I bet they won't implement that.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The novelty souvenir market is in full swing already by the JW owned businesses after a fast buck…. Talk about turning the house of God into “ a den of robbers “

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit