Little Free Library

by pbrow 7 Replies latest jw friends

• pbrow
    pbrow

Hey all,

Almost finished with a "little free library" to set up in front of the house and was wondering if anyone else has put one of these up? Got to thinking that it may get filled up with my tots fav periodicals, watchtower and awake.

Anyone else had any experience with this?

pbrow

• juandefiero
    juandefiero

We have a bunch in our area.

Everytime I see JW literature in them, I take the stuff and trash it immediately.

If it is YOUR library, you could put a sticker on there that looks something like this:

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

if you keep an eye on it you could stem the flow of literature AKA "trash".

Have you heard the phrase HoneyPot? i'm sure there are other uses, but in the IT world, it is a server purposely setup to allow hackers in, then they are traced or monitored.

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092

Unfortunately about a year ago I would've been a JW to fill your lovely little library with Watchtower and awakes (and maybe a bible teach book here and there). There are many free little libraries where I live and I would hit them all up when I was in early morning service. Easy way to pass the time and rack up the placement count.

I feel like I need to apologize to every business/home owner I littered with JW propaganda.

• pbrow
    pbrow

I will def keep an eye on it for that specific reason.

Although I am a known apostate in my area so I might get a few "return to jehovah" tracts

pbrow

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken
    In my area the free little libraries are all over the residential neighborhoods. Stuffing JW literature in them, seems to be a popular new "witnessing" technique. Whenever I find some, I pop it in the ♻️ Bin. I was laughing to myself the other day because whoever is placing this literature probably thinks someone is taking it to read, not tossing it. 😂
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    On my way back from work I used to hit all the laundromats and trash all the Witchtowers and Asleep magazines I could find.
  • blondie
    blondie

I think when we get back from our travels we'll put one up. I get books from Goodwill and library sales. We have a lot of children in our neighborhood.

I would take out ANY religious books I found in there. I don't want to promote anyone's idea of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit