I wanted to give an update on my niece

by Tameria2001 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

About a month ago I had mentioned my niece who's JW parents kicked her out. I let her know that she is welcome to my home if she wanted to come. Well, I found out through another relative that her JW parents (my sister) learned that I was more than happy to take in their daughter. To make a long story short they didn't want their daughter around an evil apostate, yes they have called me that in the past. They have allowed her to move back home.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

You shamed her Tameria good for you .I wonder how long she will be welcomed at their home.? You may very well have that opportunity to make that offer to her again or maybe she will feel that she could be more comfortable at your home than at her parents in a few weeks time.

I just had a quick browse on your first post about this and apparently she just doesn`t want to be a JW anymore and who could blame her ? So obviously they will be putting pressure on her to get back to meetings etc,and you will start believing again so on and so on.

So don`t be surprised if she does take your kind offer up and if she does try not to be the meat in the sandwich and let her find out abut TTATT with maybe just a few helpful hints along the way from you.

I hope everything works out fine for both you and your niece.

• carla
    carla

I agree with Smiddy that you shamed them into allowing her back home. Too bad it will be a rough time for her and their pressure to become more 'spiritual'. Let her know your door is always open and maybe one day she will show up on your doorstep! I hope the parents can do the right thing and love her unconditionally but don't hold out much hope where jw's are concerned. Wishing all involved the best.

• laverite
    laverite

Let the parents and the niece know that she's welcome to move in with you if her home life becomes difficult. :-D

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

@laverite, I plan on it, but at the moment I have been poking a stick at the proverbial hornet's nest lately with my JW relatives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit