Albert Einstein on Ethical Behavior.

by Blueblades 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,education,and social ties;no religious basis is necessary.Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of a reward after death.

What do you think ethical behavior should be based on? Do you agree with Einstein or not and why?

Blueblades

• Gopher
    Gopher

That dissertation by Einstein sounds just like secular humanism. It sounds great to me.

I'd rather have my behavior motivated by a willing heart and care for fellow humans, then by fear of displeasing a jealous and angry God who tells you "you'd better behave or else I'll punish you".

The humanist way is much more positive.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Al was yet another in a long line of mathematicians/physicists that struggled to correlate the rationality of their science with the ambiguities of human belief and existence. To his credit he had the insight to realize that the "living" universe does not conform to the succinct and predictable mathematical models of theoretical physics. Life is not a test tube, or an equation.

We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.
    As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.

If only more people had Einstein's humility.

Craig

• african
    african

He was true to himself. The honesty around the use of his technology for purposes he did not agree with restores some faith in humanity.I have learnt from him that we will make mistakes if we honest about them we grow, if we deny them we degenerate. Now thats where religion kills it they create enviroments where it is almost impossible to be honest about what they call bad behaviour.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hi african, and welcome to the forum!

we will make mistakes if we honest about them we grow, if we deny them we degenerate.

Exactly, and well said.

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit