Alan Rickman's Passing

by TipsyMangoTea 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• Cadellin
    Cadellin
    So much so, I had to post three images of him, apparently.
  • TipsyMangoTea
    TipsyMangoTea

Late Bloomer - I usually become a fan of a celebrity based on his/her voice, and Alan Rickman is in my top list. I’ve been wanting to collect audiobooks read by my favorite actors, and Alan did some that I will definitely buy.

Saintbertholdt and pbrow - I haven’t seen Die Hard in a long time, oh mate, it really is the best Christmas movie!

GoneAwol - Alan’s performance made me root for the Sheriff of Nottingham (like how I secretly rooted for Snape).

Heaven and Saintbertholdt - That’s exactly the first thing I thought of when I heard the news. I’m curious to check who else is 69 but a little scared, too…

Gentledawn - I was cringing in my seat with anxiety when I first saw this movie because I didn't want to see Johnny Depp's Sweeney Todd role killing Alan's.

Xanthippe - I always give extra kudos and respect to celebs who are able to maintain their marriages for so long.

Cadellin - If I could edit my original topic post, I would add those photos (all three). Time to change my wallpaper at work…

• Dagney
    Dagney

Lovely actor. Great voice. Will do some movie watching this weekend to catch what I've missed of his. RIP Mr. Rickman.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

He played an excellent role as the sheriff of Nottingham in Robinhood, one of the best movies ever.

[the Sheriff has said he'll cut out Robin Hood's heart with a spoon]

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?

Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit. It'll hurt more.

Sheriff of Nottingham: Wait a minute. Robin Hood steals money from my pocket, forcing me to hurt the public, and they love him for it?

[Scribe nods]

Sheriff of Nottingham: That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.

• Sabin
    Sabin

I loved him in Sense & Sensibility as Brandon, the love interest to Marrianne (Kate Winslet). One of the greats. So sad.

• talesin
    talesin

I just read about this today, and gosh, just very sad. Not only one of our greatest actors, but a truly lovely person as well. RIP

You will be missed - Truly, Madly, Deeply. : '(

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9aYzxUP17i9MrKQewRmEjN9BT-Ff8FMRe_8FcYafstAFBEjh_

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit