Jehovah's Witnesses at My Door

by JosephAlward 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JosephAlward
    JosephAlward

JOE ALWARD

I recall last year someone cited a particular passage in the New World Translation that showed that Jesus was Jehovah. Can anyone recall which one that was?

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

I stand to be corrected but I believe the very important verse you are seeking can be found in ozzie's scathing letter to The Heretics in Bullamakanka - Chapter 8 Verse 13, and the passage actually states "Do you heathen pack of vermin continue to listen to the utterances of aposates who say that cheeses was curd?"

cheeses - who knows all of his scriptures.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi JOE, I think it is found in Revelation: The Alpha and The Omega.Rev.1:8 who is speaking here ?Jehovah God,right?

Rev.21:5--7 Jehovah God.Rev.22:13 Jehovah God,first and the last?Rev:1:17,the first and the last,who is it?

VS.18 answers,if they say Jehovah at VS.17 ask when did JEHOVAH DIE?When did God die?But,JESUS DID!

Now comes the Clincher! ISA:44:6 I am the first and the last,and besides me there is no God. Conclusion,Jesus is Jehovah!

Blueblades

• DIM
    DIM

its all speculation anyway, who cares?

• Will Power
    Will Power

since that was your 666th post, I'll respond.

How about the 1 Thes 4:16. WT uses this passage to say that Jesus is Michael (and angel) but the * on the word Lord says it is Jehovah! (the father of the angel) right in the NWT and on the CDroms (haven't checked the newest CD tho, does anyone know if the footnote is still there?)

will

• JosephAlward
    JosephAlward

JOE ALWARD

You nailed it, BlueBlades. Those are the passages I was looking for.

Thanks.

• JCanon
    JCanon

Hi Joe....

You nailed it, BlueBlades. Those are the passages I was looking for.

Thanks

Not sure if all witnesses can explain this one, but many think this is a verse that proves Jehovah is Jesus. If I'm not mistaken the witnesses back off and claim the reference is always to Jehovah but clearly it is not. For a specific explanation I'd check out the "Revelation Book" which does a verse by verse of Revelation.

Howver, the verses do not prove Jesus and Jehovah are the same person if the idiomatic expression "alpha and omega" are used in the context of a reference to uniqueness. That is, a unique entity is the first and last of that series, the A to Z of that series, the beggining and end of that series, etc.

In that sense, therefore, Jesus as the ONLY-BEGOTTEN SON is the "alpha and omega" of his type or kind, that is, the only archangel and the only being created directly by Jehovah. Thus when "alpha and omega" is not used as a TITLE, but as a descriptive reference, it applies to Jesus since he is unique. Obviously, Jehovah is also unique. So both are especially "alpha and omega" with reference to their being unique, particularly in relation to intelligent creatures which would include all mankind and the angels.

Thus being unique, the beginning and end of your type, the "alpha and omega" of their genre does not make you the same individual.

As usual, often, very often, not fully understanding scripture or language applications or only superficially examining details sometimes make it appear there are contradictions or errors when there are not.

Canon

• Will Power
    Will Power

cannon

and don't forget the angle that there are 4 present & talking at the same time.

Whether Jesus is Jehovah or the other way round does not have much to do with the WT's SEVERE LACK of credibity, integrity and sincerity

BUT it does show how deceptive, manipulative and wicked a printing company looking for a sales force can be.

When the lies, FLIP FLOPS and deliberate cover ups, false prophesies, bad misleading policies etc are finally clear to the R&F as they are to the rest of the world who dare to investigate the god of brooklyn's history & present mindset, then NOT WORD they SAY or PRINT mean anything. Least of all LOYALTY.

Supporting such an institution/organization/corporation in thought, word or deed including by way of tax relief is a crime and an offense.

Thats how I feel when they come to my door. Oh, and they should all be asked "who is your mediator, and why do you hold such a belief?"

will - a little vent, sorry

• JCanon
    JCanon
    Whether Jesus is Jehovah or the other way round does not have much to do with the WT's SEVERE LACK of credibity, integrity and sincerity

Hi Will Power,

Unfortunately what you say is just about the state of things. I think we have all basically concluded this is one that will get thrown back (i.e. good fish vs bad fish).

Canon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit