double halls signage

by road to nowhere 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I visited a double hall. One thing I noted on the bulletin board was page 3 of some letter with a large A on it. Apparently there is at least a 4 page letter complete with a proper sized A or B or C to differentiate the sides. This probably is a good idea, but I really think the local guys could do something on their own. Maybe west wing east wing. Part of my amazement is how much they can say without saying anything.

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

FYI.When I was a JW, the use of the word "bulletin board" was wrong in the organization's eyes. It was suppose to be called an information board. I was told that the origin of the "bulletin board" was the Italians and possibly from the Vatican. It was the way information was conveyed during the Napoleaonic Wars for dispatches sent from the front to the public. I was corrected several times by some "holier than thou" eldurs. A true Christian would never use such a term. Has anyone else had thie experience?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I know about the information board, that is why I called it what it really is any where else. Do you remember that the Kingdom Ministry was also the bulletin, informant, kingdom service and some other names I don't recall. Now it is the CLAM workbook (with little work they didn't do for you).

What amazes me is there may have been a 15 minute part about the letter. I could have done it with one page, telling them to get their own A, or draw it with a felt pen.

Then they wonder why we call the meetings boring.

• zeb
    zeb

"inebriated by the exuberance of their own verbosity... "..anon.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I had been told that the word 'Bulletin' derives fron the 'Papal Bull', a proclamation of the Catholic Church.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit