Does it not dawn on the cart witnesses?

by jambon1 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

They brilliantly found out a way to keep the pioneers and specials in the work! They need the hours of those guys to keep up the averages, and they've lowered even the required hours! They can keep their titles, and believe me, those titles mean a lot to them, sadly, and not have to break a sweat.

The WBTS knows the D2D work in most areas is over. I have heard over and over many, including elders, show up for MFFS, then leave the area and go to breakfast. Elders can count the time as shepherding, and the others turn in what they want..all is well. There is no need for D2D.

It was a great idea to make this "new arrangement." They don't know, (and prob don't care), how ridiculous it looks to us as observers, and to the public who care even less than we do.

Still amazing considering where we all came from in this organization.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I stopped going on the door to door work once I realized how pointless and ineffective it was. I couldn't imagine God being pleased that I wasted a morning doing absolutely nothing of any value. The street work is no different, a lot of time and energy wasted just to be able to mark some hours down on a piece of paper.

It's all about pleasing the organization, nothing to do with service to God.

• newdawnfades
    newdawnfades

There is a spin put on the cart witnessing to make it look worthwhile and its swallowed hook line and sinker.

It goes that a person from a commuter town like I live in maybe won't talk at the door or pick up literature at his local station but when in the big city where he is unknown he will see the cart and pick up literature or start a conversation. So just by standing for hours in the cold/heat at our local station we provide a witness and further the good news and maybe lead to someone who sees some publication which interests them picking it up where they are not known.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

They need the hours of those guys to keep up the averages, and they've lowered even the required hours! They can keep their titles, and believe me, those titles mean a lot to them, sadly, and not have to break a sweat.

^^^Total truth. In our congregation specifically, pioneers were always complaining that there was simply not enough door to door territory for them to preach the required amount of hours. So they'd visit the same doors pretty much every few days. Now, with this cart witnessing, they can just sit in some corner in the shade, taking selfies and counting time. Very inefficient way of producing converts, but I'd say that's a great thing :).

JWs have done similar street corner "witnessing" in the past, but I'd say their previous methods were a bit more noticeable to the passerby:

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Hey Jambon, here's a guy who enjoyed a pint. As someone who never went out in the ministry, I would love to ask him his thoughts on the carts :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit