Hypocrisy in tomorrow's WatchTower study

by Isambard Crater 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

Paragraph 15 says...

15 Besides abusive speech, the practice of lying is also a trait of the old personality. For example, it is common for people to lie on tax returns or to lie to avoid taking responsibility for their sins. By contrast, Jehovah is “the God of truth.” (Ps. 31:5) Therefore, he requires that “each one” of his worshippers “speak truth with his neighbor” and “not lie.” (Eph. 4:25;Col. 3:9) Thus, we must tell the truth even if it may be embarrassing or inconvenient.​—Prov. 6:16-19.

Erm, the Borg has always avoided taking responsibility for its sins and not told the truth because it's embarrassing when it comes to child abuse.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

OH WOW!

They dare to write that paragraph??

What arrogance and hypocrisy indeed!

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Ever seen an ugly as sin baby and you have to lie to say what a pretty baby. Everyone lies at one time or another.

• VW.org
    VW.org

The truth?

when confronted with Angus Stewart’s blunt question “Do you see yourselves as Jehovah God’s spokespeople on earth?” the answer that came from Jackson’s lips was astounding.
    That I think would seem to be quite presumptuous to say that we are the only spokesperson that God is using. The scriptures clearly show that someone can act in harmony with God’s spirit in giving comfort and help in the congregations, but if I could just clarify a little, going back to Matthew 24, clearly, Jesus said that in the last days ‐ and Jehovah’s Witnesses believe these are the last days ‐ there would be a slave, a group of persons who would have responsibility to care for the spiritual food. So in
    that respect, we view ourselves as trying to fulfill that role.”

Presumptuous hey? Who's telling lies here? Fcuk tax returns. Tell the truth in court.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Registered charity lecturing on tax returns?...As for truth in Caesar's courts....utter twaddle. Seem to remember a WT sometime ago which appeared to condone lying to authorities if deemed in Jehovah's interest..?....

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Nothing new, if you ask me. Today it's just more obvious.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Yep pot calling the kettle black

https://youtu.be/Vc9im94ED8U

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The GB must really be concerned there is a whole lot of lying going on, wonder if they suspect half their members don't believe anymore?

I see PIMO people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit