Can Katie Kitten get up to 100% UK coverage with our help?

by slimboyfat 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Very good idea for activism in the UK. They've already contacted over 60 congregations about not destroying evidence the government may require, which must be about 5% of congregations in the UK. Getting near to 100% shouldn't be out of reach. See these videos for details (if someone could embed them that would be great):

http://youtu.be/83ntfMhhndY

http://youtu.be/_eNJacbshzA

Katie Kitten's videos are great, and funny. Not so much these ones, but usually she's hilarious, the Jo Brand of UK apostasy.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    Simple armchair activism at its best. I have written to the several Congregations that are near me, enclosing Justice Goddard's letter.
  • konceptual99
  • konceptual99
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    There you go SBF
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks

Anyone else in the UK done this or interested? Cofty, nicolaou? Phizzy already down, cool.

• Landy
    Landy

I've seen this issue on here a few times now.

Witnesses, like anyone else, are legally obliged to comply with uk data protection laws. That is the reason personal elder's notes are not being kept.

If they did keep them some idiot would start a frigging campaign to get them to destroy them stating they must comply wwith current legislation!

• cofty
    cofty

SBF - Could you summarise the issue please?

What exactly were elders told to destroy and why? Do you have a link to the letter?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I think the elders are told to destroy ''personal notes'', if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps SBF can shed some more light.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The elders were sent a letter to destroy old correspondence. They were also instructed not to destroy stuff related to abuse cases but it was not emphasised or a bit unclear.

The UK inquiry on abuse has instructed all religious organisations to retail all evidence relating to abuse. KK's idea is to make sure that elders in all congregation receive a copy of this letter personally. If this is accomplished, when JW elders later appear before the equity they cannot claim they were unaware that the government required them to keep the evidence intact. KK suggests that we all send a letter to local elders and a copy of to the local MP so there is a record that all elders are aware that they are required to retain evidence for the enuiry. If we manage to cover most of the UK then whatever congregation or elders are interviewed will be aware they should keep evidence intact.

KK does a much better job of explaining the idea in the first video. She says to contact her through Facebook and she will send a PDF to print and send. That's what I intend to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit