Two Detectives Observing A J.W. Meeting.

by smiddy 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• smiddy
    smiddy

Woody Harrelson and Mathew McConaughey { standing at the back of the K..H..during a meeting }

W.H.

"What do you know about these people " { Who get their higher education reading and studying the Watchtower and Awake magazines} ?

M.M

"Just observation and deduction , I see propensity for obesity , poverty, a yen for fairy tales , folks putting what few bucks they do have into contribution boxes .

I think it`s safe to say that nobody here is going to be splitting the atom. "

Compliments of "True Detective"

smiddy

• Syme
    Syme

Indeed! And of course the opening line of the scene, by McConaughey: "What do you think is the average IQ of these people here?"

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Wait, what? Are you kidding me? I've watched the first two season's of "True Detective" and I don't remember that scene. Is my leg being pulled here, or did that actually happen? What episode (I'm assuming first season as the second season has completely different actors led by Colin Farrell).
  • notjustyet
    notjustyet

I had to stop reading the Watchtower and Awake magazines as I had heard that reading them was equivalent to getting a college education and I know that they said that getting a college education would be detrimental to my spirituality.

Not sure what to do now,...Ha

NJY

• 4thgen
    4thgen
    Lol
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Bonsai, pretty sure it was the religious tent and them watching proceedings...
  • pixel
    pixel
    Lol
  • Heaven
    Heaven
    I did like the Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey team in "True Detective". I've seen that episode and it struck me how well it could be applied to not just JWs but many religious people I've had discussions with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit