Spain: 5 police complaint on JW in one month

by sp74bb 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Weblink:

http://www.elperiodico.com/es/noticias/sociedad/cinco-denuncias-testigos-jehova-5632503

---

GUILLEM SÀNCHEZ / BARCELONA

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2016 - 18:06 CET

The Society of Christian Witnesses of Jehovah - the official name of this confession in Spain - has accumulated over the last month five different allegations. The first was picked up at the end of September the Badalona police station of the Mossos d'Esquadra. Miguel Garcia explained to this newspaper that he filed this complaint to uncover the parallel judicial hearings celebrated by this religious confession, the coercion suffered by his members and the concealment by Cardedéu's congregation of the sexual abuse he suffered at the age of 16 in Belgium .

The second was presented by Sarah in early October in a police station of the Civil Guard in Salamanca. This woman explained that Jehovah's Witnesses of Brazil expelled her for her transsexual status and then forbade her mother and sister to talk to her.

At the end of October, Juan Bourgon reported in Santander that he was expelled from the congregation for asking about information on cases of child sexual abuse that were emerging in the United States.

Israel Flórez presented a few days ago the fourth lawsuit in Toledo to explain that the group of which he was part decided to cover the abuses he suffered with 5 years.

With the denunciation of Noelia there are already 5 complaints filed against this organization. Three of these reproduce a common approach to sexual abuse of minors: not to denounce them and keep them secret.

• StarTrekAngel
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

If there is anyway I can help, please let me know.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thanks for the info.

• JHK
    JHK

Good news about good things...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's one thing to be genuinely persecuted for refusing to subscribe to a regime's heavy-handed demand to conform to its ideology.

It's another thing entirely to be pursued legally for actual egregious offenses against basic law and human decency.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi sp74bb

Spain: 5 police complaint on JW in one month

Except that's wrong isn't it? It's five police complaints on JW in just under TWO months according to the story

It's still not good for the JWs, definitely not good, but why say something about it that's not right... if you don't have to?....

That's why I uploaded a scan of the ACTUAL print edition of the story: which gives a more factually correct headline

Please don't spoil this story, it doesn't need it, and doesn't deserve it.

btw do we get an update on this??

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5088277520449536/_post/5689584534945792

do we get answers to this??

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5088277520449536/_post/5972852660502528

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5084678379798528/_post/5143924500856832

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Good point darkspilver...

If you check both Castillas and Catalan versions there is a different point. Castilla mentions one month and Catalan since end September... Factually both are correct. My police complaint was done end September, so around month and half...

My police report went to the Judge but as abuse claim was more than 10 or 15 years ago this part is prescribed. Anyhow as a bigger case is now open with Noelia case, my claim has not yet being fully discarded but temporary archived waiting more info from this part of the investigation.

Regarding the last two points, it was largely answered in answered in the same post.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

My police report went to the Judge but as abuse claim was more than 10 or 15 years ago this part is prescribed

Except apparently the episode that you reported, when you where 16 - as you yourself told the El Periodico newspaper - took place in Belgium, NOT Spain....

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Yes, darkspilver... The Judge sent this "part" of the piece to the Central Registry of the Ministry of Justice to report it to Belgium.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit