LifesNotOver - Part Two

by LifesNotOver 5 Replies latest jw friends

• LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

Thanks for your welcomes so far. Just so you know, I have been on here before as "thereishope". That was my first username here a month or so ago. I just changed it a couple of days ago to LifesNotOver because I decided "thereishope" was too close to my username I'd used in other places that my husband was aware of and if he stumbled on this forum (or decided to check it out) he might recognize me and I didn't want him reading what I write. So if anyone's interested in what I've written the past month, you can find me as "thereishope", but from now on I'm "LifesNotOver".

I should be having an identity crisis by now, but I assure you I'm not. I DO know who I am!

"LifesNotOver" is my chosen username now because I'm 70 and was getting into feeling all sorry for myself because I have so many more yesterdays than I have tomorrows - and while I go through this journey of self-discovery as a fading and hopefully someday ex-JW, I want to be reminded constantly that life's not over until it's over, that I can enjoy the rest of my days or I can waste them - my choice!

Privacy gone again ... part three coming up soon. LifesNotOver

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Welcome, don't you know 70 is the new 50! X

• smiddy
    smiddy

LNO , thanks for your updates , can you tell us why you joined this site ? experiences you had as a JW ?

Where you are at , as far as your fade ? is concerned ?

I`m 77 , and this is a great site to be encouraged , helped , and is full of supportive people.

Take care

smiddy

• corruptgirl
    corruptgirl

You are so right about that, life isn't over til it's over. Enjoy every second of it, don't waste anymore time in it. Make your fade as quick as possible. Just to not be tied down to this organizations rules and requirements is freedom enough!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, dear LifesNotOver, for being here and encouraging me to continue writing.

I do get discouraged at times, but your kind words, on a different thread, buoyed my sagging spirits!

Best Wishes,

CoCo

• notalone
    notalone

Not in my 70's yet but I can't wait. I don't know how the elderly are viewed where you live, but here they have a measure of respect and can get away with almost everything. They just think your a little dotty and will smile and treat you with kindness.. I fully intend to use that to the full. Take yoga and dancing classes.Go to art fairs. I am going to wear a tiara and fuzzy slippers everywhere. State opinions, though not offensive, to anyone I meet. Play practical jokes and if I find myself in a motorized wheelchair get a colorful bicycle flag and a 'general lee' horn ( check out dukes of hazzard) and come up behind peole and say- "Yee Haa!!".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit