2016-1-25-BOE on Applause or Clapping!

by Atlantis 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

ClapCoordinator ..................lol

Happy the Clappy Clapped out Clapper - and there was that time when we derided the "happy clappers" of Christendom !

So if you do not clap ...........you will be taken to task ???

Mind you it could be really fun in the Spanish Congregations especially in Andalusia -

https://youtu.be/zDPhZkCZj0w?t=120ld

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm surprised the WBT$ micromanagement didn't explain how throwing up 'rock hands' is not acceptable. Also, what faces to pull and how many claps are allowed....too many might have roots in Satanism.

All praise the ever flip flopping watchtower goons.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    a prime example of a flip flop.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

To clap or not clap...to applause or not applause!

First WT says nothing on the matter. Then in the February 2000 KM WT makes a formal ruling and says it's 'not appropriate' to applause. Now, of recent in a BOE letter WT makes another ruling on the matter and dictates that congregations should indeed applause when someone is reinstated.

One thing is for certain...both the February 2000 KM and this recent January 25, 2016 BOE letter will go done in JW & Ex-JW history as further evidence WT doesn't know crap!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wonder how many would applause in the realization that this individual only got themselves reinstated so that they could resume a relationship with their own family members.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

An interesting story from our local cong:

So within the past year, a young brother who everyone always loved (really nice kid) was reinstated and the congregation spontaneously exploded into applause. So, the COBE then runs up to the stage immediately after this happens and rather brusquely announces, "we'd like to inform the congregation that there is not to be clapping during a reinstatement announcement. Thank you."

This did not go over well in the hall, as the congregation here is actually quite warm and loving (in their weird JW way) and most thought this was a bullshit move. In fact, there were even folks complaining about the COBE incident on Facebook.

Evidently, the kerfluffle over this got so big, there was a "local needs" in which another elder tries to do damage control, half-apologizing for the rather uncaring way this was handled by the COBE, yet going over the information from the society as to why the practice of clapping after a reinstatement is forbidden (it's all scripurally-based, of course )

Then a few weeks later, another young guy was reinstated, and the response is --- crickets.

I would just LOVE to know what is going on in the minds of both these elders when they get this letter. In the end, they were just doing what they were told, company men, and now they have to eat their words. . . .

• freddo
    freddo
    What's sadder BoC is that two young men have decided to get reinstated in your cong. Unless they plan to instantly fade of course!
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

And just like that, with the reading of this "new light", anyone that dares not be joyful to the point of applause will be looked at with suspicion or even questioned as to why they are not happy that a person came back to the fold.

Ohhhhhh the ever-changing WTBTS.🙄

DY

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I don't know. It is just like another thing that screams *I don't know*. When they change things on a whim where its ok to clap now. To clap. Or not to clap. *We don't know*!!!!
  • sir82
    sir82
    FYI, this is now officially posted to US elders on the jw.borg website.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit