Patterson, Wallkill, Warrick, Tuxedo, Ramapo

by HappyDad 5 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Which is which? I've been out for over 20 years and really can't keep up with the doctrinal and physical changes. There have been so many construction projects, property sell-offs, and whatnot. Can someone clarify what exactly is in each city/town.

Patterson: Education Facility? Education for what?

Wallkill: Printing? What little they do these days.

Warrick: World Headquarters?

Tuxedo: World Headquarters? Media Production Center? Luxury homes for the upper echelon?

Ramapo: Media Production Center?

It's a wonder there is any money left after what is being spent for legal costs and lawsuits.

All that money spent and nothing to help hungry and homeless people.

They/We/I condemned other religions for their faults and having false beliefs, but their fruits are not coming forth. I see other religions and churches operating food banks, homeless shelters, and counseling centers.

How much more can they possibly spend. After all, the end is right around the corner. Forget saving for retirement or getting an education that will provide a good living. (sarcasm intended)

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Warwick (NY) is the world headquarters. I’ve been there as well as Tuxedo, which is close to Warwick, maybe 10 miles or so. Tuxedo is mostly a residence area, with only a few offices (I think it was engineering and design).

• Smiles
    Smiles

@HappyD

Your list is a fair description.

"Warwick" is a misnomer because the physical address of cult HQ is 40 Kings Drive Tuxedo Park, NY.

Map driving directions from the town of Warwick NY to the HQ address in Tuxedo Park NY... you will see two distinct places separated by distance.

Cult HQ is approximately 20mi/32km drive from Warwick proper.

The proposed "Ramapo" media production site is just 2mi/3km east of HQ.

For a JW official description of their facilities in upstate NY:

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/bethel-tours/united-states/

Regardless of how WT self-describes its facilities, the reality is all WT owned facilities are ultimately corporate real estate investments utilized to sustain high-control propaganda operations.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    All that money spent and nothing to help hungry and homeless people.

And so much of it seems to be extravagance. I wonder how much money is spent on the locations and technology, all to produce videos of similar quality to what many YouTubers produce in their bedrooms, or that college students produce with a cheap video recorder and some friends. The inefficiency must be colossal. But it won't stop them from 'encouraging' the followers to give even more.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

What you have to remember, is that WatchTower made BILLIONS just from the sale of the old NYC Brooklyn HQ properties.

That's even BEFORE all of the Assembly Hall and Kingdom Hall sell-offs of the past few years.

WT HQ is swimming in cash. They're just fine.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

WarWITCH is also a good location for members of GB2.0 (and their Helpers) to AVOID plus HIDE away from any journalists (and perhaps exdubs) from trying to either interview or wanting to speak with them. A few years ago when Bethell was in Brooklyn Heights, ANTMO was approached by a journalist and ran into a door within one of the buildings on Columbia Heights. He obvi didn't want anyone speaking to him unless it was CERTAIN R&F members. This compound is FORTRESS and THE CURTAIN for this organization's leaders to hide behind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit