Jesus is Archangel Michael. How and why?

by Longlivetherenegades 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

How and why will Michael need blood of the Lamb to battle with the dragon?

How come Michael needs blood of the lamb if Michael is indeed Jesus Christ?

Is there anything like blood of Angel Michael in the scriptures?

And war broke out in heaven: And war broke out in heaven: Miʹchael and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but they did not prevail,nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven............... And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their soul even in the face of death.

........ The psalmist lamented: “Not one of them can by any means redeem even a brother, nor give to God a ransom for him; (and the redemption price of their soul is so precious that it has ceased to time indefinite).” The New English Bible says that the ransom price was “for ever beyond his power to pay.” (Psalm 49:7, 8) Who, then, would provide the ransom? Only Jehovah could provide the perfect “Lamb . . . that takes away the sin of the world.” (John 1:29) God did not send some angel to rescue mankind. He made the supreme sacrifice of sending his only-begotten Son, “the one he was specially fond of.”​—Proverbs 8:30; John 3:16........ Watchtower February 15 1991page 14 paragraph 15

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Just out of interest, do you know of instances in Watchtower publications where they state that Jesus is an angel? I went looking a few years ago and didn’t find very many examples.

They definitely teach that Jesus is Michael the archangel, i.e. ‘ruler of the angels’ but they tend to emphasise the ‘arch’ or ruler part, and don’t often say that Jesus is ‘an angel’, as simple as that.

JWs seem to teach that Jesus is a unique case. He is an angel in the sense that he is a spirit creature in heaven who is distinguished from God because he had a beginning. But he is unlike the angels in that he was the one sole creation of God alone, everything else being created by God through Jesus. So I guess that’s where it’s coming from in the 1991 Watchtower when it said that God didn’t send “some angel”, he sent his “only-begotten Son”.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Jesus is the lamb, because of his sacrifice his spent blood. If Michael is not Jesus than who else would battle with Satan and the demons and throw them out of heaven?

I don’t see a problem with this but I have a problem with it happening in 1914, we are getting too far away from it now

• Duran
    Duran
    They definitely teach that Jesus is Michael the archangel, i.e. ‘ruler of the angels’

I have been of the thinking that it being said that Jesus 'coming with an archangel's voice' is because he is indeed Michael the archangel and as such, he sends forth his angels to gather his chosen ones.

[Revelation 12:7And war broke out in heaven: Miʹcha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled.]

[1 Thessalonians 4:15-17…the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first. Then we the living who are surviving will, at the same time with them, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and thus we shall always be with the Lord.]

[Matthew 24: 30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send forth his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.]

[1 Corinthians 15:52 in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised up incorruptible, and we shall be changed.]

do you know of instances in Watchtower publications where they state that Jesus is an angel?

[Jesus had lived with God in heaven. He was a spirit Son, or angel. Did God make other angels, or spirit sons?— Yes, he made many millions of them. These angels also are higher and more powerful than we are.​—Psalm 104:4; Daniel 7:10.-Learn From the Great Teacher p. 47]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit