2020 Memorial Talk points for "interested persons" to raise.

by The Fall Guy 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

1) "What Jesus gave was equal to what Adam had lost—a perfect human life."

Jesus said that he came as a ransom, (Matthew 20:28) but according to JW dogma, Jesus' ransom gained far more than what was lost – 144,000 immortal king/priests in heaven to be precise! Adam was never going to produce such super-human offspring! How on earth (or heaven!) can that be deemed “equal” by anyone with more than two brain cells?

2) “144,000 will join Christ as rulers in God’s heavenly Kingdom government. (Revelation 5:10) God’s Kingdom, like most governments, has a fixed number of persons who share in ruling.”

According to the original Greek in the JW's Kingdom Interlinear Translation, (and every other Greek concordance!) the cited verse, Revelation 5:10 explicitly shows that those appointed as “rulers” (think Shadrach, Meshach, & Abednego as Biblical examples) will not be serving up in heaven as alleged “kings,” but upon the earth as “princely” rulers.

Doesn't scripture usually prove scripture? Psalm 45:16 prophetically says,“Your sons will take the place of your forefathers. You will appoint them as princes* in all the earth.” (*Strong's H8269 - sar = "rulers")

3) “To benefit from Jesus’ sacrifice, they do not need to partake of the emblems."

(John 3:3,5) "In response Jesus said to him: “Most truly I say to you, unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.” Jesus answered: “Most truly I say to you unless anyone is born from water and spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God."

Nuff said!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

So it is.

G.

• Listener
    Listener

It must be so confusing for bible studies to listen to.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Benefit? From that worthless sacrifice for some made-up or contrived "sin"? Just another classic case where we pay forever for a single event, real or fictitious. And, since there seems to be an infinite number of sources for this sort of indebtedness, I refuse to attend this--I would benefit more from learning a foreign language if the program was in that language than from the worthless fictitious sacrifice for a fictitious "sin".

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the spiritual submarines, they surface once a year for the memorial

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You have to keep in mind that those prophetic scriptures were coming from men who were planning on conquering and enslaving more people.

The King was like, “Prophet! What sayest thou??”

Prophet: Thinking... “ Let’s see, I get all my BBQ and booty at the temple...what to say?...”

” Oh King!! Your offspring will rule to time indefinite as Princes of the Earth!! “

Its best not to think about any of this very seriously.

DD

• fulano
    fulano

I remember, especially my wife had a gift to attract not real intelligent bible-studies but sometimes would bring 4 or 5 to the memorial, the people didn’t understand a scheisse of what the talk was about. At one year I had the talk (only elder with 100 + publishers) and had to point at my wife From the platform because this lovely couple couldn’t resist the wine.

• waton
    waton

when you think about it,

wt is actually stuck in the old church doctrine, that taking communion means going to heaven. into immortality.

They have not aligned that practise with everlasting life on earth.-yet, because

to rule the roost.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Since all Jews partook of the Passover meal shouldn't all Christians now partake of the lords evening meal?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit