Three graphs in connection with the Watch Tower's current financial situation

by slimboyfat 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

A number of public statements by the Governing Body indicate that they are experiencing financial difficulty and they have appealed to JWs to donate more money. Public information on the financial situation of the Watchtower Society is limited. But what does the information they do publish indicate about their situation? No information is available about worldwide donations, but some limited information is available about worldwide expenditure in the Yearbooks. In particular since 2006 they have started publishing the total number of staff worldwide in branches.

Graph number 1 shows the decline in the number of branches over the last 10 years

Graph number 2 shows the increase in the number of staff at branches over the last 10 years

Graph number 3 shows the increase in money spent on special pioneers, missionaries, and travelling overseers over the last 10 years

The graphs show a number of things and also raise a number of questions. Firstly the number of branches started to decline in 2009. At the same time the number of staff at branches began to increase substantially. Why did the number of staff increase at the same time as branches were being closed? And which branches expanded the number of staff? Why has the number of staff increased so much at the same time as they have announced dramatic reductions? What's really going on here?

The amount of money spent on special pioneers, missionaries and travelling overseers has doubled in the past ten years. This is despite a number of changes that might have indicated reductions in this area: downgrading of Gilead, abolition of District Overseers, reduction in special pioneers. So why is so much more money being spent? Unfortunately no figure is given for the overall number of JWs who are supported in this way so it is not possible to tell if the numbers of JWs in these categories is increasing or if more money is being spent per special pioneer, missionary and travelling overseer.

• Listener
    Listener

The graphs aren't showing.

• never a jw
    never a jw

More money spent in spite of significant reduction of branches and "personnel". Looks like a scam.

• freddo
    freddo

I wouldn't trust "their" figures. They only show what will help the gullible donate more.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

These graphs you have posted are eerily similar to Jesus presence since 1914.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The graphs still arent showing .

I wouldn`t be at all surprised if money isn`t being siphoned off into off-shore bank accounts , and a number of G.B. members, and , or lawyers for the WTB&TS go missing in the very near future,

Call me cynical , but human nature being what it is , I wouldnt be surprised .

If what you say is correct sbf , the figures you quote just don`t add up .

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

As others have said I can't see the graphs but the commentary is indeed puzzling. I would have expected the expenditure on full time servants to have declined dramatically as they have let so many go.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

The increase in staff expenditure could be vast amounts of hush money paid under the table to prevent law suits from the rampant pedo problem.

• slimboyfat
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Okay I tried taking pictures but that didn't seem to work either.

In terms of the figures, in the ten years to 2015:

The number of branches declined 22% from 114 to 89.

The number of staff at branches increased 35% from 19,328 to 26,011

The amount spent on special pioneers, missionaries and travelling overseers increased 113% from $111m to $236m

Why did the number of staff go up so much while branches were being closed and people sent home?

Why did the cost of supporting special pioneers, missionaries and travelling overseers more than double in ten years?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit