the 144,000 are "swingers"

by enoughisenough 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

if you go to the official JW website and look up WT 1957 5/1 pages274-275 you will see the JW teaching. From paragraph 5:.." Paul identifies Jehovah's wife as his invisible universal organization. the mother of Christ and of his joint heirs."...From paragraph 6: Jesus as principal child of the mother when the kingdom was born in 1914 . Then she, ( God's wife/invisible universal organization ) gave birth to children on earth in 1919... . " but since these Children of Zion have a heavenly destiny to reign with Christ, they also become part of the universal organization that is God's wife." ///my thoughts: The JW teach they are the earthly organization/mother and that you have to obey your mother ( them as represented by the governing body)-so yeah! People do believe this! But think about what is written in the WT article-they eventually become part of God's invisible universal organization making them God's wife as well! What a stretch! The 144000 thousand are spoken of as Christ's bride and What? The bride takes oh his Jesus Father...I guess they are "swingers".

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

EIE: does this sound familiar, there was more but I cut it short? I thought the same back in 2020--scripture for the next expounding thought- ""this remnant (144,000) from 1919, has become a part of the universal organization that is God's wife..

This makes God's woman, wife, Zion - capital of Jerusalem above with 144,000.

Then we are told, Christs bride is the New Jerusalem. How can that be?. Then to top it off, these remnants will have power over mankind but non have paid the ransom as Jesus had. They did not die for the world of mankind..

Christs bride - God's woman????? Jesus marries his MOTHER?"

Have I reached this understanding correctly- the way the society has laid it out?

Just need a serious comment... I can shake my head at this one

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

christ's bride is 144,000 virgin men.

say no more..nudge nudge.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

all of this non-sense, mentally gymnastic manipulation of scripture to convince the r and f that JW is God's earthly organization/mother so the R and F willl be obedient to 'mother". I don't recall ever reading of how it all came about until I started questioning "God's earthly organization" and "mother" yesterday and came upon the 1957 WT. Truthlover123-yes, if you understand it right Jesus marries his own mother. God's wife is not only Jesus but the other "sons" destined to heaven. So God is married to his Sons who are also Christ bride. It makes you wonder who thought up this scenario to start with... not anyone who would worship a God of order and not disorder....what made me question the God's earthly organization and mother to start with was a statement made by Robert King-to which I questioned him about it and the bottom line so far from him is that I don't know very much.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

It's strange how this came to my attention, like a bolt out of the blue at an assembly talk... he used word mother and my ears perked up and then in connection with 144,00 and so on... I came home that day and tried to find the connection and worked on it, then forgot about it and as I said, 2020 I came across it again and after I followed it through, I couldn't believe the stupidity of it all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit