"daylight saving"

by zeb 8 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

Anyone had any dealings with this?

I had an ABC journalist ask me hm hours difference is there between Perth and Sydney then? I kid you not...

Australia normally has two hours difference one side to the other. With DS it is three.

Do the US have such problems with people not knowing what the time of day is? Any other takers?

Imagine Russia with its five time zones!

• sir82
    sir82

Imagine Russia with its five time zones!

USA has 6 (4 on the mainland + one for Alaska & another for Hawaii).

• blondie
    blondie

I understand China does not use time zones.

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

It's not the time zones, it's that they change twice a year. Add to that, at least one state that doesn't change, and it can suddenly become confusing. DST is antiquated and just needs to be done away with.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Canada has 6 time zones, all 1 hour different from the next except for Newfoundland TZ which has a 30 minute difference from Atlantic TZ which is the next closest TZ to the West.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The European Union has voted to end DST by 2022. For the U.K, which may have left by then, it means we have to make a decision what to do. if we are still in, we have to decide by the end of 2021 whether to stay on standard time (GMT) or to stay 1 hour ahead of GMT.

I can guarantee that whatever happens, the U.K Parliament will make the worst possible decision on this,they have done so consistently about everything else for as long as I can remember.

Or perhaps my dream will come true, and we will elect some sensible people as a Government, instead of the Buffoons we have always elected in the past ???????

Nah, I doubt my dream will come true. Carry on as stupidly as possible U.K, it has become the norm.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

The area I live in is on the line between two time zones. The usa has 4 time zones. People like my mother go by "fast time" like the rest of the city, but she lives in "slow time". Dr appointments can get realy messed up as sometimes she will see one in the "slow time" zone.My friend in Indiana, lives in a small area of the state that decided not to adopt DST, so for 1/2 the year they are on the same time as the rest of the state, the other half they are an hour different.

Crazymaking!!

• zeb
    zeb

sorry I mentioned it!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

doesn`t Australia have 3 time zones & 4 with DST zeb? Qld,...NSW,VIC ,....SA ,....WA .?

Just saying

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit