Well done, Boris, for getting us a Brexit deal!

by LoveUniHateExams 7 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Boris Johnson is often mocked, but he has recently achieved what former PMs thought highly unlikely - Boris has gotten the UK a Brexit deal, and has got Brexit done, keeping his manifesto promise.

Well done, Boris!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I hope that is all sarcasm ? I don't want to get in to it here, it is boring for people to hear of our Political problems, but I am confident you see the faults in what you said ? and therefore you are joking ?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

who needs brexshit now weve got covid?

• Freemail
    Freemail

Fantastic isn’t it! Let the quisling remoaners cry themselves to sleep. :)

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

And it's a pretty good Brexit deal as well, very little was given up, all promises on the UK were kept and the EU capitulated, as always, the few concessions made (around fishing etc) ends in a few years.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Nothing in this bill shows that the Westminster parliament has ‘taken back control’ from Brussels.

This draft bill instead shows that Whitehall – that is, ministers and their departments – has taken control of imposing on the United Kingdom what it agrees with Brussels.

And presumably that was not what Brexit was supposed to be about.

• minimus
    minimus

Congratulations

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@Phizzy: That was exactly what Brexit was all about. Sure there will be continued negotiations, but the control remains solely in British hands.

The Brexit deal as it is currently written allows both the EU and the UK to unilaterally decide whether to follow certain agreements and Brexit was always about sovereignty, any trade deal changes have to go through the regular channels, there is no third party that can cram down a rule like Germany does on EU members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit