I love to see former associations

by Austrian 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Austrian
    Austrian

I was at the mall last night and my wife and I ran into two JW girls I used to know. I called out her name and she was very nice but I couldn't resist to mention something to her about her husband. One night about three years ago my wife and I were out having fun when I saw from a distance two old JW friends, one of which was this girls husband. As we approached I noticed that not only were they wasted but they were buying cigars. The funny thing was that that the husband of this girl had just been made a MS. Such hypocrisy!!!

Thanks for the forum and I look forward to posting more thoughts...

• Room 215
    Room 215

Welcome Austrian,

As much as we deplore hypocrisy, I must admit to a twinge of sympathy for your two old friends that you encountered; the Talmudic restrictions that the Brooklyn Pharisees imposes on its flock all but guarantees that many of them resort to it simply in their struggle to survive, or wiggle around in search of comfort zone. For some, it's alcohol, food for others, and a secretive smoke or two for still others.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Welcome Austrian, Thanks for the post. I look forward to reading your story when you are ready.

Isn't it a fragile love and acceptance that can go away as a result of one cigarette? With that realization and the very noticeable postponement of all the rewards that need to follow the apocalypse, isn't it no wonder the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation is loosing so many literature distributors?

What else bothered you about the group other than the hypocrisy?

• Austrian
    Austrian

The biggest problems I had with the organization were shunning and the new light crap. I was raised during the time when secular school was wrong. My parents decided to home school me which scared me for a long time. Ofcoarse the thought of me going to college was out of the question. Thank God I have always had a strong will and I pretty much like to question everything. The thing that really drove me away was shunning. I was never DF and after being inactive for a year I started going back to the meetings. My original congregation every sat afternoon played football. I myself played every sat during the season for 8 years. I showed up on sat thinking that scince I was making an effort to get back into the organization that "good association" would help me. When I got to the park an elder told me I couldn't play and when I asked why he said it was because I don't attend meetings. I then told him I was attending another cong. closer to my home. He then told me I had to get a letter from an elder from that cong. saying I could play. This was an elder that I would have beers with way before I was legal age to drink. The worst part was that no one of my so called friends stood up for me at that moment. The only thing they did was give me bad looks and made me feel embarrassed. But thank God they did cause from that point on I knew that they all lacked true Christian Love!! By the way one of the "friends" that shunned me was the husband of the girl I saw later buying cigars.

• JamesThomas
  • shamus
    shamus

Welcome to the world of hypocrisy.... You know all about it.

Let your eyes be opened, and you will see their mind control. We may be harsh here, but we are all hurt by the mind control and still angry....

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Austrian, I too was snubbed and shunned before I disassociated formally by way of an interview with the local daily paper. My feelings for them were friendly until they snubbed me. That angered me and the rest is history.

Football permit huh? That's a new one for me. Hahaha

Glad you are here. Gary

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit