A Question For Active, Current Jehovah's Witnesses Who Still Believe In The Bible And Are Still Searching For Answers...(Matt. 7:7, 8)

by Observer1217 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Observer1217
    Observer1217

A Question For Active, Current Jehovah's Witnesses (visiting this discussion board) Who Still Believe In The Bible And Are Still Searching For Answers...(Matt. 7:7, 8)

We remember the Watchtower Society has long taught there are no INSPIRED persons on earth today, nor living in our modern times. Which explains their viewpoint concerning the Governing Body leadership today, saying they need not be inspired to correctly lead the congregation of God's People today. This we know.

Therefore, a few questions to consider:

According to the Bible, all throughout it from Genesis to Revelation, we constantly see Jehovah provided much needed INSPIRED LEADERSHIP in the first century and in ancient times (like in the days of Moses, etc.) for His people because they needed it. And yet are we to believe He refuses to see the same need of providing INSPIRED LEADERSHIP in our day and time, during these days of much confusion, danger and peril that we constantly face? Does this make sense to you? Also, does this seem consistent to you, especially in view of what Jesus promised his disciples at John 16:13, 14?

How could we be rightfully expected to succeed in our mission as Christians and make it in this ungodly world as we know it, without INSPIRED LEADERSHIP?

...Any comment you wish to make would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Observer

• blondie
    blondie

Are you saying the the WTS Governing Body says they are inspired?

Edited

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Obby - How could we be rightfully expected to succeed in our mission as Christians and make it in this ungodly world as we know it, without INSPIRED LEADERSHIP?

I take it that this is the question. I'm not sure what you are actually asking, if I'm honest.

I'd ask:

• Are you saying someone on Earth is inspired?
    • Are you saying Christians are the true religion?
    • Do you actually think there is a god?

Not meaning to sound aggy, but I'm unsure where you're coming from.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    According to the Bible, all throughout it from Genesis to Revelation, we constantly see Jehovah provided much needed INSPIRED LEADERSHIP in the first century and in ancient times (like in the days of Moses, etc.) for His people because they needed it.

Can you (not being sarcy) show me egs of inspired leadership from Genesis to Revelation? I would really like to know how different people come to that conclusion!

Thank you all.

Zing

• Ronin
    Ronin

Do the Apostles count?

About Moses?

Ezekiel

David

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Welcome to the forum Ronin!

Certainly Jesus would vouch for the apostles as well as all the prophets.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I would think that receiving the spirit (Ac 2:38-39; Jn 16:12-13), which is a key part of the New Covenant (Jn 3:3, 5), helps make up the difference. Of course, WT doctrine (by limiting that to 144,000), cuts that possibility off for those who accept that the WT's doctrine.

• waton
    waton

I would say, if anything for the GB, the Popes to be learned from the overall bible account,( if you strip out the obvious hype), is, that you better listen to the people that are not in the power hormone high that adoration provides. lend an ear

The Josephs, Galileos of this world. if not,

Humiliation is awaiting you.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Ezekiel And Jeremiah both got plenty of prophecy’s wrong , even Jesus said he would be back in all his glory to judge ones before some of them yet died, that also didn’t happen. Maybe inspired means loony toon false prophets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit