If the Faithful and Discreet Slave is Biblically based, shouldn't its term of indenture be long over?

by kepler 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kepler
    kepler

Well, we start out with a parable which in the KJV reads "Well done, O good and faithful servant", corrected to be a Slave and one of significant authority akin to the "Fisherman" or the Shepherd. Moreover it is collective. And it didn't know it was Discrete until after attorney Moyle was told by Rutherford that he talked too much. Moyle resigned and Rutherford gave no recommendation, firing him ex post facto. But the point being, service ended. Now what about this Biblical GB-FDS? No matter how you look at it, it's been more than 7 years.

• kepler
    kepler

Let me be more clear:

Exodus 21:2

"If you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve for six years; but on the seventh he shall go out as a free man without payment."

They're done, if the parable ever applied to them at all.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The Faithful slave comment in the Bible was a question and a parable nothing more. More importantly why were they discussing slaves? Why would the son of god condone slavery? Ever notice slavery is never said to be bad by any apostle or prophet or son of a god? What the hell? I'm personally against slavery and think it's evil!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Crazyguy , Every baptised witness of Jehovah is a slave to the Watchtower Organisation , period.

If Jehovah God wants or needs a Faithful and Discreet Slave (class ) ,what does that say about him ?

• kepler
    kepler

If someone has been on this "board" for several years, of course, the fact that there is governing board of so-called faithful and discreet slaves is irrelevant. But not to people knocking on doors or about to jump ship to join up with them ( of which I was neither myself).

The idea that a slave labors interminably is foreign to Judaean law. It is more in keeping with Roman, Babylonian, Assyrian and (yes) pre-Civil War American laws. Granted, there are organizations that will use terms such as a Servant of the servants of God, but they are of Roman origin. The notion that the Governing Board is citing Biblical precedent or scripture in the form of a parable about a faithful slave for an interminable claim to authority is in contradiction to the notion of service or slavery in Judean society as described by Exodus and Deuteronomy. For that matter Genesis. It's term limited. Other interpretations are literally pagan.

Anyone going door to door in behalf of such leadership is being made a fool.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Anyone going door to door in behalf of such leadership is being made a fool.

True but not surprising that the WTS's doctrines were devised to stimulate the proliferation of the literature the WTS published, as well to create a following readership of that literature.

The descriptive word is Charlatanism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit