June Carter Cash in critical condition

by PopeOfEruke 17 Replies latest forum suggestions

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Really sad news, and a real turn-around as Johhny seemed to be the one with the severe health problems.

Get well soon, June. !!! Hope the prayers work!!!

Pope

=======================================================================

Critical Situation for June Carter Cash

by Julie Keller

May 12, 2003, 11:00 AM PT

It's a grim situation in the house of Cash.

June Carter Cash, the on- and off-stage partner of country crooner Johnny Cash, is in critical condition in a Nashville hospital following complications from heart surgery.

The much-Grammy'd 73-year-old singer-songwriter-musician-actress-author underwent surgery Wednesday to replace a heart valve, said the duo's longtime manager, Lou Robin. She was rushed back to the hospital Saturday and remains in critical condition.

Johnny Cash, who has faced serious heath problems of his own in recent years, asked his fans to band together Sunday and pray for his wife's speedy recovery. "June did this for him one time when he was critically ill," Robin said. "The recovery the next morning was something the doctors couldn't describe or imagine."

It remains to be seen if the prayer en masse worked its magic, but Internet message boards are flooded with good wishes and hopes for recovery. "Get well soon June. We love you," said one online fan on a Yahoo message board.

• blondie
  • shamus
    shamus

Get well soon-

Just when Johnny cash put out such a good album... He looks so old...

• Mulan
    Mulan

That is so terrible. I hadn't heard about June. Get well, June.

• DIM
    DIM

Poor June! Poor Johnny, I hope he is coping OK

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

duplicate post...sorry....

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Johnny issued a statement via his website that he is being supported by the family and that he appreciates very much all the love and support being received from the fans all over the world through the Internet.

Pope

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

From the official Johnny Cash Website:

Lou Robin asked me to share this release with our members and Johnny, Lou and the family wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes. Johnny and June wanted you to know that they know they have the best fans in the world.

"Entertainer June Carter Cash, wife of Johnny Cash passed away at 5:04 CST on May 15 at Baptist Hospital in Nashville, TN. following complications from heart surgery she underwent on May 7, according to Lou Robin longtime manager of Johnny and June.

June was 73 years old.

Funeral arrangements will be announced tomorrow at 2:00 PM CST

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

How Sad!!

Didn't she write "Burning Ring of Fire" that hit Johnny had?

• Princess
    Princess

They just played "Ring of Fire" on the radio. I remember my brother played that song over and over and over...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit