a question for your JW friends

by Carol1111 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Carol1111
    Carol1111

The earth is to wear out and cease to exist.

Hebrews 1v11, Isaiah 51v6-8

What will happen to those living in paradise earth?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't think a JW would take this question very seriosly.

I imagine you'll find the JWs will tell you:

Eccl 1:4 A generation is going, and a generation is coming,

But the earth remains* forever

Isaiah 65:17, 22 “For here I am creating new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be called to mind For just as the new heavens and the new earth that I am making are standing before me,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “so the offspring of YOU people and the name of YOU people will keep standing.”(NWT)

1 Peter 3:13 “But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell.” (NWT)

Revelation 21:1 “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more.” (NWT)

Psalm 37:9, 11, 29 “For evildoers themselves will be cut off, But those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth…But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace….The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.” (NWT)

• Carol1111
    Carol1111

Thanks, punkofnice. Perhaps I won't use that one when they come knocking, but your quotations have brought up another interesting thought..

The meek/righteous will possess the earth & reside upon it for ever. Are the 144,000 not meek/righteous?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Cazza - The meek/righteous will possess the earth & reside upon it for ever. Are the 144,000 not meek/righteous?

Well, I'm not sure what the current JW rules are about this scripture, but whatever you ask, you might find they won't debate scripture. I think from memory it was one of those 'meek' inherit it 'in as much as' scenarios. You know, 'spin'.

The reason I say that is because they are in a mind controlling cult. They are too frightened to question their leaders the Governing body. To do so might lead them into social suicide with other members of the cult.

what do you ask a JW to make them think? I really don't have a clue, having once been a Jobo for many years.

Perhaps a question I might ask, if I could be bothered, is: If you were under cult mind control, how would you know? But they might not be too pleased with the word 'cult', and run away.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I don't have anymore JW friends. Wow...I feel so much better now.

• blondie
    blondie

Carol, try them out on us, we know the spiel.....jws don't listen to what you are saying, they are thinking about what they are programmed to say next....Don't use more than 2 scriptures if you do grab their attention.

• Carol1111
    Carol1111

I agree that they don't seem to listen.

My favourite is to point out that according to the gospels Jesus rose bodily from the dead. They don't seem to accept that despite the fact that it is clearly stated.

I think they believe that he gave up his bodily existence as a ransom and so could not have it back again.

I don't understand how they can't see that the two ideas are not compatible.

• nevermind
    nevermind

Carol1111,

From my experience and from those who have witnessed much to JWs, it's no use trying to point out their errors from the Bible. You give them a verse that shows them they are wrong, they will just rip another verse out of context just to counter your statement.

That being said, it's best to ask them questions about the new earth instead. Ask them questions like "Armageddon is going to get billions of people dead, in fact over ninety nine percent of earth's people will be killed. So how do you get from the dead bodies and mountains of destroyed rubble and debris to the paradise earth? Do the billions of dead bodies and piles of destruction just go 'poof' and you end up with a cleansed, paradise earth?" Ask them one question at a time. Have them think and respond. If they are honest with you, they will admit that the WT teaches they will have to watch birds and worms eat up the dead flesh, JWs themselves will have to bury the skeletons, and clean up the mess and build houses and work to bring it to that paradise-like condition. Then, follow up with asking, "So since there needs to be so much clean up to do after Armageddon, what has the Governing Body or leaders of your organization been doing to make sure all JWs are ready for all this hard work after surviving Armageddom? In order to bury dead bodies, you will need wheelbarrows, shovels and gloves. Has the Watchtower been buying up all the wheelbarrows, gloves, and shovels and storing them up to make sure JWs will have these tools to bury all these dead bodies after Armageddon?" This will get the JW to begin thinking that the GB or Watchtower just talks the talk, but don't walk the walk.

This are honest questions to start asking JWs without seeming too direct and confrontational with them. Don't state facts for them; always just ask them simple questions, so they can do the thinking for themselves! They always talk about surviving Armageddon and the paradise earth, but they never think about how these Watchtower teachings don't add up and can't withstand any scrutiny!

So, ask JWs questions about the new earth instead! This will plant seeds of doubts in their minds! The trick is to weaken their trust in the Watchtower. It's no use to point out their errors from the Bible.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

What will happen to those living in paradise earth?

Magic Jehovah is going to stop that from happening, the same way he has been so able to stop hunger, and suffering and all the crap they say he can do. They use their Jehovah as a gimmick to fix everything and explain everything that they can't explain.

Going on and on and on explaining what the bible says and doesn't can keep going on and on ad-nauseam. None of that is going to matter. Like nevermind pointed, trying to show the errors and faulty logic is useless. Unlike nevermind, however, I have been more successful in addressing their feelings, going directly to their reasons to defend all the nonsense that they chose to believe. That has given me a lot more success (or ended the conversation when they are not prepared to go to the root of their attitude).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit