How this Jehovah’s Witness feels about the Australian Royal Commission

by Simple Minds 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free
    Fundamentalist groups have a higher percentage of molesters
  • GodZoo
    GodZoo
    so much negative criticism on Jehovah’s people

It never ceases to amaze me how people just casually use the term 'Jehovah's People' as though there is even the tiniest shred of confirmable evidence that he chose any people at all.. that this group of cultists are the one's that he actually chose.. when one of their deranged leaders snatched some random scripture from a book written thousands of years ago by who knows who and bestowed it upon themselves..

If that's not the most nutty, presumptuous, delusions act of self self-aggrandising blind arrogance I really don't know what is.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

My belief is that the organization could really care less about how you feel. They are God's channel and you are a sheep. Follow and do what you are told. Remain silent - if something is wrong, eventually Jehovah will fix it. Open your mouth and cause divisions and they will show you the door. That has been my experience and observation. There is plenty of distressing stuff going on in the WTS. The child abuse issue is just a part of the problem.

For what its worth, I totally related to what you are feeling. When I finally realized that they were responsible for thousands of needless deaths over the blood issue it was simply demoralizing for me.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Rev 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "'Come out of her, my people,' so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
  • mrquik
    mrquik
    You're so right punk; just another false religion. As Ray said: " I feel no need to go anywhere...I am simply trying then to be a Christian..... As I always say "Live Well ( Which encompasses being a good person) and Enjoy Life" (Which includes staying away from cults that have every intention of sucking the enjoyment out of your life.)
  • Heaven
    Heaven
    the girl next door... that Simon's quote about the child molester at the door and a child answering is spot on. I basically said the same thing to my Father about 6+ years ago. He had no comeback. Just the silence and deer-in-the-headlights look.
  • Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine
    It never ceases to amaze me how people just casually use the term 'Jehovah's People' as though there is even the tiniest shred of confirmable evidence that he chose any people at all.. that this group of cultists are the one's that he actually chose.. when one of their deranged leaders snatched some random scripture from a book written thousands of years ago by who knows who and bestowed it upon themselves..
    If that's not the most nutty, presumptuous, delusions act of self self-aggrandising blind arrogance I really don't know what is
    I agree with what GodZoo said. ^^^^^
    If God really had chosen them as his people, why would he allow the worst crime known to man (except murder) to be committed against innocent children thousands of times by his people?

• Giordano
    Giordano

yes 99% of family and friends are JW

i am physically in but mentally out

i suppose until you disassociate or are DF you are still a Jehovah wittiness?

You have all ready established that this issue has seriously stumbled you. Depressed you. My advice is.......... consider a fade.

A badly stumbled person has a reason to step back or away from this religion with little to no consequences........ if they don't debate. Let your absence speak for you.You can't risk your mental or physical health.Time to move on?

Reread how Jesus talks about the two witness rule And what he says about the little children. What he has said about children throughout the Gospels. The two witness rule applies to adults and what he says about children in no way supports the two witness rule. In our world sexual child abuse goes beyond just being a sin it is also a serious crime.

You are on firm ground. The WTBTS isn't.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Simple minds...

Only the worst regimes try to silence dissent.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinarut2 - "Instead, they have now made matters worse for all future times."

I swear, there are times I think that they're deliberately trying to provoke the secular authorities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit