Finding new friends or a new congregation in Germany

by Gideon90 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Gideon90
    Gideon90

Hello dear jw community,

I'm looking for new friends or a new congregation in the area of ​​Germany/Berlin. I grew up in the truth, but some circumstances have made me not taking the faith seriously. My family is still in the same congregation, but there is still the same spirit of favoritism like years before, some young people are left out. I'm not sure where to find new contacts with an another congregation that needs young and motivated people to serve Jehovah.

I look forward to your answers.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Wie geht es dir, @Gideon90?

Willkommen auf der Website! Darf ich fragen, was dich dazu gebracht hat, deinen Glauben nicht ernst zu nehmen?

Wärmste Grüße xox
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome Gideon90.

I left 'the truth™' as soon as I discovered it was NOT the truth.

Please do some research and you will discover you have been conned. Which is probably why you wrote:

some circumstances have made me not taking the faith seriously

I beg you to think seriously about this scam and look at what Governing body member Geoff Jackson actually said at the Australian Royal Commission. You might be horrified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erWV8YnTFto

• Searril
    Searril

"In the truth"

It's such a subtle thing. A person doesn't even think about it. You just hear it over and over and eventually that's how you also begin to refer to your religion. Every time you hear it you find the belief reinforced. What could anyone possibly find that would be better than being "in the truth"?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Answers are indeed what you need. Welcome!

The spirit that you saw is just the tip of the iceberg of issues. Research the Australian Royal Commission and the issues with child sexual abuse. Go to a site like JWfacts.com and start examining the doctrine through the publications. It's easy to overlook massive problems that lie underneath. And I do mean "lie" because it's not "the truth".

• TD
    TD

Schöne Grüße Gideon

Meine Frau ist eine Zeugin Jehovas aber ich bin nicht

Sie werden hier viele Antworten finden

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@TD I didn't know you were German! You based in Europe?

• Giordano
    Giordano

I'll address the 'looking for new friends' issue. All you need to do is to find a group who meet regularly and are involved in an activity that you have or could have an interest in. This could be one of a hundred volunteer groups in your area who are working to make this world a little better.

There are even EX J.W. groups for which you would be highly qualified lol. Google it.

Or perhaps something more active like sports. Then there are Bird watchers, a hiking group etc.

The key is finding something you are interested in and attending regular meetings with people who share your interest. If you meet once a week you will eventually make new friends. It takes a little time to get to know people....but after a while getting together for a beer or coffee after a meeting becomes a natural thing.

However if you must .........you can access jw.org and find congregations in your part of the world. Though be forewarned.......... being a JW these days can effect you in negative ways. As in your not going to be good enough to satisfy the Uber JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit