New war - Russia vs US?

by LoveUniHateExams 7 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I've read a couple of articles recently about the situation developing in Ukraine.

In 2014 Putin sent Russian troops into Crimea and annexed this area. Crimea has either an ethnic Russian majority or a substantial Russian minority.

There's also an area of Eastern Ukraine called Donbass which, again, either has a large number of ethnic Russians or a huge amount of pro-Moscow rebels.

So, Vladimir Putin is currently sending tanks, jeeps, guns and soldiers to eastern Ukraine, and Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky is also fortifying adjacent areas with Ukrainian troops and military hardware.

NATO and Biden support Ukraine and Biden has apparently sent two US warships to the region.

Where is this all going? Where is the EU in all this?

Putin's a real SOB who has warned America 'for its own good' to butt out.

Are we gonna have another war on our hands?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9465705/Russia-warns-warships-away-Crimea-good.html

• waton
    waton

Old grievances that go back to 1918, to treaty of Brest Litovsk, when the whole area, Crimea did not belong to Russia, still simmering.

Russian propaganda speaks of preventing a Crvenica type massacre against Russian speakers in the area, . A "tonkin" incident to happen. What an irony, when the Jugoslav murders were perpetrated by Russian backed Serbs.

Hope no more fighting will happen. poor populace.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The EU won’t stop it and Obama didn’t stop it. Biden won’t stop it and Russia knows it. Why do you think Russia and North Korea were dormant for 4 years and Biden has been in office for a week and North Korea restarted sending rockets into Japan, Iran started building its nuclear facilities again and Russia started moving deeper into Ukraine.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I've been watching this for the past two weeks. There is talk that the new administrations is already making plans for getting involved.

The problem is both leaders are willing to start a nuclear war.

This may be as far as we evolved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iywKH60NUGg

• Steel
    Steel

I don't think neither the US or Russia has the birthrate to stomach any major war.

One of the by products of family planning in the developed world there is little stomach for major conflicts with the average age over 40 years old.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I don't see Russia as a huge issue. China is eating our lunch and is ready to take Taiwan and half of Asia and Biden or president house plant is running around falling down like the idiot he is. .

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The real question is “What does China want Biden to do?” Let’s be real...

DD

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Seem whenever a new US president is elected Putin tests to see how strong they are to his military advances and aggressiveness.

I wouldn't be surprised if the US starts building up forces in Ukraine close to the disputed region.

Putin is pushed and driven by super rich business people in Russia and they push and promote taking over lands which would be an advantage to their business ventures, lands that are not in possession of Russia but could be.

Then Putin gets a kick back making him rich.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit