Prophesies how would you respond

by enigma1863 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• enigma1863
    enigma1863
    someone who thinks Im an elder:"Hey. Thank you for responding. There are prophecies in Zechariah about the restoration of a physical Israel. I am by no means think those scriptures are about the Israel in Israel today. It would seem that the prophecies is Zechariah are about future inhabitants that accept the Christ and reside in Israel.

I have been trying to reconcile such prophecies with the rest of the prophecies in the Bible about the future."
  • john.prestor
    john.prestor

I'm not really sure what you're looking for but I mean, I don't accept biblical prophecies, there's evidence people wrote them down after the fact under fake names, half of the prophecies aren't even prophecies.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Any true predictions made in the Bible are few and far between as john. prestor says.

But what is notable about the Bible prophecies that are truly predictions is that......

THEY HAVE ALL FAILED !

If you read all the "Terms and Conditions" in them, in other words every detail, then NOT ONE "prophecy"came true.

Of course people can pick one bit out, "Oohh look, it says Midian will come to an end" (or similar) and of course nations disappear and Empires fail, but the prophecies usually include the success and restoration of Israel, under Yahweh, which never happened.

To claim some of the symbolic stuff in Revelation as prophecy is just silly, and is ignorant of the fact that the book was simply a Tract for its time, a message to the writer's contemporaries, no one else.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I don't think I fully understood the question, but in any case there is nothing impressive about the so-called prophecies in the bible. They are vague, usually open-ended predictions that either cannot fail, or can be interpreted in a thousand ways.

Things like predicting there will be earthquakes in the world, or predicting nation will rise against nation. How can those thing ever fail?

This would be like me making a prediction that airplanes will crash in the future. No airline, no dates, no details, nothing. What are the changes that i would be wrong?

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

We got a prophet on our hands.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

The bible does say that Jerusalem comes down from heaven and settles on the planet at the end.

Jesus said he wouldn't drink wine again until the kingdom was restored. Fermented grapes are unique to a physical realm.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Haven`t the wise ones on the GB said something like after the event a prophecy is found to be true ?

In other words a prophecy is made and you really have no idea what its talking about till after the event and then they say that`s what it was talking about ?

So if a prophecy is so ambiguous in the first place and can only be interpreted after the event is that really a prophecy ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit