Woke Up Feeling Poetic, so an ExJW Poem

by Simon 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Come here you heavy hearted who departed from the truth your youth and family trapped you in.

No need to fear that armageddons near and you will be forgotten as a rotten failure to your kin.

The freedom that you took is nothing that a crusty book can ever realistically replace.

So stand up tall, tell all who need to hear that it is them who fear to look you in the face.

• Simon
    Simon

I mean, I call it "poetry".

• Magnum
    Magnum
    it is them who fear to look you in the face
    That is SO true in my case. A few years ago, a prominent elder with whom I used to be really good friends came over and asked me to come back to meetings. He also told me that he was scared of me. He knew I could rip his beliefs to shreds. I know that other JWs in my area feel that way, too. Haven't heard a peep from them in years. If I see one in a store, he/she looks down and avoids me.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz would be proud!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Well done, Simon. A powerful poem indeed. I appreciate your prose.

I do believe it is they would both cower in shame and look away in fear. Shunning is not love. The thought that we are right burns like a hot ember in the back of their brain. "What if he's right?" is the background noise of their lives.

• Smiles
    Smiles

Aye. Good one.

Frame it.

• Simon
    Simon
    Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz would be proud!

LOL

I watched the original Hitch-Hikers Guide TV show a few weeks ago. I know the pain of Vogon poetry.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

And the sadness of Marvin? Life don't talk to him about life.

Marvin I love you - YouTube

If he'd been called Hank he could've been an elder. Maybe even set poetry to music using a red electric guitar.

[50 fps] Going Home (Local Hero) - Dire Straits & Hank B. Marvin - 1985 - Wembley, London LIVE - YouTube

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit